WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3 IWAD

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JPL

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Post by JPL »

Baby Doomer wrote: but hopefully you fix the skies for Fistula & Black Tower.
Should be in the next update to WadSmoosh, thanks for pointing it out.
Baby Doomer wrote:BTW I think you have a really fantastic idea on your hands with the 'deluxe edition'. Sounds like a fun way to celebrate the living & deceased Master Levels contributors & early Doom modding scene. Might make more sense separate from the main doom_complete.pk3 though.
Thanks! To be clear I definitely intend for it to be a separate, freely available PK3 that runs atop the doom_complete IPK3.
Baby Doomer
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Baby Doomer »

Sounds sweet. :thumb:
crossvisionmedia

Post by crossvisionmedia »

So for your work in progress addon of the extra master levels? How does one add these, just load it in zdl as a separate file before Complete?
JPL

Post by JPL »

crossvisionmedia wrote:So for your work in progress addon of the extra master levels? How does one add these, just load it in zdl as a separate file before Complete?
Just treat it like any other WAD, load it after the Doom Complete IWAD.
monstario

Post by monstario »

May I ask what exactly is this Master Levels addon you're working on? I can't find any info about it on the forums.
JPL

Post by JPL »

monstario wrote:May I ask what exactly is this Master Levels addon you're working on? I can't find any info about it on the forums.
JPL wrote:FYI I'm working on a project to compile all the extended / outtake material for the Master Levels into full episodes by each author, once that's finalized that will be a good option for those seeking to deep-dive on the Master Levels: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... ter-levels
It's an addon, not related to WadSmoosh other than that it will probably require the IWAD it produces.
coltonrawr
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by coltonrawr »

Could the par times for E1M10 and MAP33 (Sewers and Betray) be properly added to WadSmoosh? http://classicdoom.com/xboxspec.htm specifies that 2:30 and 2:00 are the par times for each, respectively. (2:30 for Sewers and 2:00 for Betray)
monstario

Post by monstario »

I noticed that with SIGIL and its SHREDS smooshed-in, after beating Icon of Sin in Master Level 20 (Mephisto's Maosoleum), Sigil's "intro" music plays instead of proper Doom ending music on the story conclusion screen. Doom II's MAP30: Icon of Sin is unaffected.

Also, can you consider being able to choose to have Sigil's intro music and background in the main menu?
monstario

Post by monstario »

Great, thanks for the update!
coltonrawr

Post by coltonrawr »

There's something I've been meaning to mention here... TNT Map31 sometimes has the yellow key flagged as multiplayer only depending on what version and release of the game you're playing. Only certain versions of the id Anthology have it fixed. Could you check to see if the TNT Map31 yellow key is flagged as multiplayer-only, and if it is, have said flag be removed to allow TNT Map31 to be completed normally?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I think Wadsmoosh already does this. If it doesn't then it's a regression. When is the last time you packed your wad, and what version?
coltonrawr

Post by coltonrawr »

I packed mine around v1.1, and have been keeping it updated ever since (for ex. I carried over the sky and cluster fixes, Sewers/Betray par times, and Sewers->e1m2 mostly before v1.11 dropped). I added the console levels, EXTRAMAP.wad (after fixing it, of course), and John Romero's E1M4/8B to mine. I made a WAD using the WadSmoosh WAD as a base with all the Freedoom levels, intermission text, etc. in it too (which identifies as a separate WAD altogether).
coltonrawr

Post by coltonrawr »

Also, could the par times for all of Thy Flesh Consumed be added to WadSmoosh? https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Thy_Flesh_Consumed has the par times from Doom Classic for mobile, which could be used here too. The full run mod should be updated to fix the cluster issue too.
JPL

Post by JPL »

coltonrawr wrote:There's something I've been meaning to mention here... TNT Map31 sometimes has the yellow key flagged as multiplayer only depending on what version and release of the game you're playing. Only certain versions of the id Anthology have it fixed. Could you check to see if the TNT Map31 yellow key is flagged as multiplayer-only, and if it is, have said flag be removed to allow TNT Map31 to be completed normally?
GZDoom has its own "level compatibility" functionality that patches in fixes like this for levels as they're being loaded. It works based on a checksum of the level's data. Because WadSmoosh doesn't modify the actual level data of any of the maps its extracts - with the exceptions of the E1M1 secret exit to E1M10, and the map02 exit to map33 - those fixes should be applied as normal. Very old versions of WadSmoosh applied the TNT map31 yellow key fix manually, but I realized this was unnecessary. I just opened TNT map31 with a freshly (with v1.11) smooshed IWAD and confirmed the yellow key is still there in solo play.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”