WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3 IWAD

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby JPL » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:20 pm

coltonrawr wrote:Also, could the par times for all of Thy Flesh Consumed be added to WadSmoosh? https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Thy_Flesh_Consumed has the par times from Doom Classic for mobile, which could be used here too. The full run mod should be updated to fix the cluster issue too.

Par times for episode 4 have been in for a while now, since this commit from April of last year, I just confirmed they're shown correctly.

Good catch on the Full Run mod, I'll push a new build of it soon.
Update: It looks like the Full Run mod's definitions for E4M1 and E4M8 left out the par times, as I created the mod by copying those over a year before adding the full E4 par times to WadSmoosh. So the update to Full Run I just uploaded should have those back in as well as the Master Levels cluster # fix.
JPL

Postby coltonrawr » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks.
coltonrawr

Discord: coltonrawr#5011
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Agitatio » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:30 am

Waterfalls are not animated on PL_MAP02 when Final Doom Texture Substitutions are ON.
Agitatio

Discord: Agitatio#4183
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby monstario » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:14 am

I just noticed that if you smoosh only sigil without shreds, if you sideload the shreds, the intermission music doesn't get replaced. If you smoosh shreds, it replaces it as it should.
monstario

Postby JPL » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Agitatio wrote:Waterfalls are not animated on PL_MAP02 when Final Doom Texture Substitutions are ON.

Fixed. https://jp.itch.io/wadsmoosh/devlog/90008/wadsmoosh-112
JPL

Postby Rachael » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:43 am

monstario wrote:I just noticed that if you smoosh only sigil without shreds, if you sideload the shreds, the intermission music doesn't get replaced. If you smoosh shreds, it replaces it as it should.

This is not a bug, but rather an unfortunate side effect of how Doom's resource system works. Wadsmoosh has to rename it in order to keep both the original intermission music as well as the new one. John Romero is the one who "kind of" erred in not doing this, himself, although to be quite fair Sigil was never meant to be an official permanent IWAD addon, so this is quite understandable. Maybe he also didn't quite realize that this option was open to him in GZDoom.

Nothing can be done about this, unless you want to break Doom 1 wads that have custom intermission music.

What you can do, however, is find out what Wadsmoosh's version of the intermission music file name is, and then rename it appropriately in your sigil_shreds.wad using Slade 3 or other similar utility. (Back up the original, obviously)
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Previous

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation