SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.13 (01/Jun/2021)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.12 (26/May/2020)

Postby sirjuddington » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:25 am

That issue should hopefully be fixed in beta 3, which was just released (along with 3.1.13)
sirjuddington

Discord: sirjuddington#7496
Github ID: sirjuddington

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.13 (01/Jun/2021)

Postby simc » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:34 pm

Hi, two things. (3.2.0 beta 3, Windows 8.1)

Unselecting the selected entries fails. If I open a wad and select the first item from the entry list, then press the Shift down and tap the Down, PgDn or End keys and Slade will select more entries.

But now unselecting them doesn't work. Shift down and tap Up, PgUp or Home keys. The cursor apparently moves but the entries remain as being selected. (The entries can be unselected by pressing Ctrl down and mouse clicking the entries one by one though.)

A graphics glitch, likely the same as described in here:
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=232&t=24955&start=2910#p1154334

But if in the entry list I first view a non-graphics entry (TEXTURE1, PNAMES, marker, wad contents (LINEDEFS, SIDEDEFS ...), ...) and then move to a graphics entry (patch, flat, sprite, gfx, ...) I can see the last non-graphics screen briefly displayed in between when I move to a new graphics entry. Happens quite often but not every single time.

Animated gif (230 kb): https://i.imgur.com/E4XhIRq.gif
simc

Postby Logan MTM » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:02 pm

Thanks for this Update!
I have a question: What just happened with my loved Compile Button? I miss hin a lot :(

Logan MTM
I can see you...

Postby eharper256 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:53 am

One other bug (well, more like missing feature) I keep forgetting to mention which keeps catching me out in SLADE; it seems like it can't switch to a new Audio device when one is plugged in whilst SLADE is already running.

This is something I do quite frequently (putting my USB headphones in to listen more closely to sounds or musics) but then I end up startled as it still comes out my speakers.
eharper256
Author of Hexen: Walpurgis

Previous

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation