SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.8 (21/Nov/2019)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.7 (07/Oct/2019)

Postby Gez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:52 am

Yeah, "Encore" format is determined only by size, so its reliability should be very low.

The "type" console command can be used to punctually fix this kind of issues but until the detection is fixed, it's going to happen again the next time you open the file.

You can edit SLADE's own resource file to do this change to get rid of it for good.
Gez

Postby Jarewill » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:59 am

Gez wrote:You can edit SLADE's own resource file to do this change to get rid of it for good.

Thank you for the fix.
Jarewill

Postby EndHack » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm

i was looking though the strife iwad and one of the torches showed up as a Graphic (SRB2 Encore) instead of a Graphic (Doom)

:edit looks like people are already talking about this
Attachments
Screenshot (246).png
EndHack

Discord: CoolKing1234#2571

Postby Enjay » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:31 am

When using SLADE to browse Build engine ART files, is there a quicker way to get an overview of what images are in each ART file than just click-click-clicking these buttons?

Some sort of tiled browser mode, or a scroll bar or something?

If not, is there a tool that does have something like that (XWE did IIRC but I can't even get that to start on Win 10 ).
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Gez » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:28 am

Not at the moment, but it's planned.

Remember there's a context menu entry to extract all images from a multi-image lump.
Gez

Postby Graf Zahl » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:02 pm

I was about to ask the exact same thing yesterday as I happened to look for a certain image and had no idea where it was. That was a lot of clicking...
Another thing I noticed is that the regular export function only seems to pick the first image, not the one being shown. This doesn't really make sense.

That said, it seems that SLADE is still the only decent tool to investigate ART files. Everything that can be found on the respective web sites is utter garbage by comparison.
Now here's the ultimate wish: Have a Build map viewer. That'd be cool.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer
Lead GZDoom Developer

Previous

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation