SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.4 (26/Dec/2018)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.4 (26/Dec/2018)

Postby InsanityBringer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:22 pm

What version of SFML is required to compile SLADE 3, or do I have something configured wrong? I've been trying to build the source to investigate this feature request, but I keep on getting stuck up on some compiler errors

Code: Select allExpand view
1>DrawingSFML.cpp
1>c:\users\ryan.basementnet\documents\visual studio 2017\projects\slade\src\opengl\drawingsfml.cpp(154): error C2039: 'setFillColor': is not a member of 'sf::Text'
1>c:\dev\sfml-2.3.2\include\sfml\graphics\text.hpp(48): note: see declaration of 'sf::Text'
1>c:\users\ryan.basementnet\documents\visual studio 2017\projects\slade\src\opengl\drawingsfml.cpp(191): error C2039: 'setOutlineThickness': is not a member of 'sf::Text'
1>c:\dev\sfml-2.3.2\include\sfml\graphics\text.hpp(48): note: see declaration of 'sf::Text'
1>c:\users\ryan.basementnet\documents\visual studio 2017\projects\slade\src\opengl\drawingsfml.cpp(192): error C2039: 'setOutlineColor': is not a member of 'sf::Text'

EDIT: This does appear to be a configuration error, rereading that log I noticed it's still trying to use 2.3.2, instead of the most recent version, but I had changed the macros before this compilation attempt. Is there something I need to do to make Visual Studio actually start using the new value of the macros?
InsanityBringer

Discord: InsanityBringer#9908

Postby SiFi270 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:32 pm

So I've just discovered that giving a Heretic wad a custom title screen is more complicated than I thought. Does Slade have a way to convert an image from "Graphic (Doom)" to "Graphic (Raw Screen)"?
SiFi270

Postby Gez » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:38 pm

They're the same as Doom flats. If you don't have the option, see if you can enable Edit->Preferences->Graphics->Offer additional conversion options.
Gez

Postby DabbingSquidward » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:31 pm

I'm compiling scripts inside a filter/strife directory but whenever ACC outputs an ACS lump, SLADE creates an acs folder in the root directory and puts it there instead.
DabbingSquidward

Postby Paar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:26 am

I have two questions regarding map editor:

1. Is it possible to add a filter in the texture window so I could display textures only of set size? This is in Doom Builder and I would appreciate it in SLADE.
2. Is it possible to change properties of a wall or of a flat when in 3D mode? Right-clicking opens up texture editor and when I use TAB key to unlock a mouse cursor I cannot edit properties in the right panel as they seem to be read only.
Paar

Previous

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation