SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
InsanityBringer

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.4 (26/Dec/2018)

Post by InsanityBringer »

What version of SFML is required to compile SLADE 3, or do I have something configured wrong? I've been trying to build the source to investigate this feature request, but I keep on getting stuck up on some compiler errors

Code: Select all

1>DrawingSFML.cpp
1>c:\users\ryan.basementnet\documents\visual studio 2017\projects\slade\src\opengl\drawingsfml.cpp(154): error C2039: 'setFillColor': is not a member of 'sf::Text'
1>c:\dev\sfml-2.3.2\include\sfml\graphics\text.hpp(48): note: see declaration of 'sf::Text'
1>c:\users\ryan.basementnet\documents\visual studio 2017\projects\slade\src\opengl\drawingsfml.cpp(191): error C2039: 'setOutlineThickness': is not a member of 'sf::Text'
1>c:\dev\sfml-2.3.2\include\sfml\graphics\text.hpp(48): note: see declaration of 'sf::Text'
1>c:\users\ryan.basementnet\documents\visual studio 2017\projects\slade\src\opengl\drawingsfml.cpp(192): error C2039: 'setOutlineColor': is not a member of 'sf::Text'
EDIT: This does appear to be a configuration error, rereading that log I noticed it's still trying to use 2.3.2, instead of the most recent version, but I had changed the macros before this compilation attempt. Is there something I need to do to make Visual Studio actually start using the new value of the macros?
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

So I've just discovered that giving a Heretic wad a custom title screen is more complicated than I thought. Does Slade have a way to convert an image from "Graphic (Doom)" to "Graphic (Raw Screen)"?
Gez

Post by Gez »

They're the same as Doom flats. If you don't have the option, see if you can enable Edit->Preferences->Graphics->Offer additional conversion options.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I'm compiling scripts inside a filter/strife directory but whenever ACC outputs an ACS lump, SLADE creates an acs folder in the root directory and puts it there instead.
Paar

Post by Paar »

I have two questions regarding map editor:

1. Is it possible to add a filter in the texture window so I could display textures only of set size? This is in Doom Builder and I would appreciate it in SLADE.
2. Is it possible to change properties of a wall or of a flat when in 3D mode? Right-clicking opens up texture editor and when I use TAB key to unlock a mouse cursor I cannot edit properties in the right panel as they seem to be read only.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

I am using the latest stable version and I am unable to play MIDIs entirely. Player options are not retained and restarting the player after trying to play a MIDI file causes a hard crash.
I am unable to produce a log as Slade simply locks up and then closes abruptly.
I tested using another audio format on my sound output (a sound blaster AE-5, which.. Might be hard to test considering the price), switching from 32b 48khz to 16bit 48khz and so on, with no changes. Still crashing, still no audio.

MUS files also fail to play. Normal sounds play just fine.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Stupid question, but where are the Find and Replace buttons now?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not sure about the buttons, but I always use Ctrl-f to bring up find/replace.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Tapwave wrote:I am using the latest stable version and I am unable to play MIDIs entirely.......

MUS files also fail to play. Normal sounds play just fine.
This works for me

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/fbI5erP[/imgur]

I'm not sure about Timidity.
After I set the path to it, the button deselects for some reason. So I just stay with Fluidsynth.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Stupid question, but where are the Find and Replace buttons now?
http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?pag ... y-Bindings
Empyre

Post by Empyre »

FEATURE REQUEST:
It would be awesome to be able to move folders up and down relative to other folders in a pk3, like you can with individual entries.

When I right-click a folder and select Open in New Tab, it doesn't happen. It would very convenient if that feature was added. For example, I have a folder full of sprites and another folder in the same pk3 full of DECORATE files. I would love to be able to have both folders open at the same time.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Another request :) :

When loading text lumps there are always these two buttons, Compile ACS and Compile ACS (Hexen Bytecode), which really do not apply except for SCRIPTS

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/qQu6Zco[/imgur]

Could they be changed to Select All and Find/Replace.
Empyre

Post by Empyre »

Those buttons could be added, rather than replacing other buttons. Also, CRTL-A and CTRL-F will already do those things, and they work on other programs, too.
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

I'd like to make the toolbars customisable at some point
AtomicLugia

Post by AtomicLugia »

The "adjust" command really needs to be updated. It autocrops only single images, not multiple images, which makes creating fonts that aren't monospaced a friggin' nightmare. And it also screws up the sprite offsets, while the outdated XWE can do this with no problem (well, except that it only works on single images and even sometimes corrupts small imported sprites). I would really appreciate that.

And when I use umlaut letters on LANGUAGE files in a PK3, they're screwed up in-game or when seen in XWE. I'm using SLADE's internal text editor and when I load the LANGUAGE.de file again, the umlaut letters are fine. Is this a bug?

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”