SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest release: v3.1.1.5 (18/Jan/2017

Post by Nash »

Sounds like you're asking for Intellisense-like support. Does not sound trivial...

(I would personally love that. I have beeng trying to figure out how to make a custom ZScript language definition for Visual Studio Code. Not much progress yet... Intellisense for ZScript sort of works if you set the language to C++ but it's far from perfect)
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Yeah it's something I'd like to do, but will be pretty difficult so don't expect it anytime soon if ever.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Gez wrote:Yes, we know about that. The problem comes from SFML, so it'll be hard to fix it on SLADE's side.
Hmm. So should I roll back to an earlier version of SLADE in the meantime, or are the earlier builds having this problem too?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Here's something that's been bugging me for quite a while, now...

Would you guys be able to add in an option to adjust the load order of mods, when running mods with SLADE? Whenever mods are loaded into SLADE, they are run in opening order, from oldest to newest, ending with the mod you're currently viewing. This frustrates me sometimes, because I've found on multiple occasions I've had to close some of the tabs and then re-open them just so that I can get them running in the proper order.
pagb666

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest release: v3.1.1.4

Post by pagb666 »

worldendDominator wrote:When installed 3.1.1.4 and I tried to run it, I got an error message saying I don't have api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
What should I do?

Nevermind, solved.
May I ask how? Because uninstalling the VC++ routines and reinstalling the provided ones at Slade's site doesn't work.
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

I'd like to see the option to specify a different palette to recolor to in the recolor dialogue, primarily for Doom format graphics. It'd make cross-palette recoloring (primarily for making a paletted graphic look good in another palette) a lot easier.
Gez

Post by Gez »

It's planned.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

ever since i finally updated slade, it now takes a lot longer to load up any audio file preview than before
Gez

Post by Gez »

Any? In my experience it's only the ogg and flac files that take noticeably longer to load. (It's the metadata lookup that takes time.)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Something that's been grinding my gears for the longest time is the fact that you can't use Ctrl + (U/D) to reorder your directories, like you can with other files. Can this be added in the next release? :)
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

This may be an ancient bug since I am still using an old SLADE version, but I notice when I click a map marker it shows the number of sectors the map has along with other info about the map. If I click away and then click back to the marker again, it doubles the number of sectors (or rather adds the same amount of sectors to itself). So if a map has 220 sectors, click away, click back it is now 440. In a WAD with multiple maps it adds that value to form a running total, so click to MAP01 and it is 120 sectors, click to MAP02 which has 320 sectors it instead shows 440.
LigH

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.2 Beta 1 (24/May/2017)

Post by LigH »

Hi all... 8-)

I'm looking forward to seeing a feature implemented to "find" (possibly "highlight" in the map editor with a slow blinking effect) lines/sectors/things, as already listed in the feature requests.

This seems to be more or less planned for milestone 3.1.2, according to the roadmap, so it should not be far anymore... :shock:

My hope is that you can do that by "{any|specific} sector-tag/type/special" (AND combined, maybe even a list of several alternatives grouped with OR), possibly including a template manager to store often used combinations (like "damaging floors" including all 5 types of vanilla DOOM). — I hope I am not too optimistic... :oops:
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Nevander wrote:This may be an ancient bug since I am still using an old SLADE version,.....
This happens also in the latest versions, SLADE 3.1.1.5 and SLADE 3.1.2.
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Nevander wrote:This may be an ancient bug since I am still using an old SLADE version, but I notice when I click a map marker it shows the number of sectors the map has along with other info about the map. If I click away and then click back to the marker again, it doubles the number of sectors (or rather adds the same amount of sectors to itself). So if a map has 220 sectors, click away, click back it is now 440. In a WAD with multiple maps it adds that value to form a running total, so click to MAP01 and it is 120 sectors, click to MAP02 which has 320 sectors it instead shows 440.
Heh, fixed for next 3.1.2 beta
LigH wrote:Hi all... 8-)

I'm looking forward to seeing a feature implemented to "find" (possibly "highlight" in the map editor with a slow blinking effect) lines/sectors/things, as already listed in the feature requests.

This seems to be more or less planned for milestone 3.1.2, according to the roadmap, so it should not be far anymore... :shock:

My hope is that you can do that by "{any|specific} sector-tag/type/special" (AND combined, maybe even a list of several alternatives grouped with OR), possibly including a template manager to store often used combinations (like "damaging floors" including all 5 types of vanilla DOOM). — I hope I am not too optimistic... :oops:
Yes that should be coming, maybe not in 3.1.2 though (it's on the plan but 3.1.2 has taken long enough already - a bunch of stuff planned for it will likely be pushed back to 3.1.3).

I can't promise it'll do all that exactly, however any advanced find/replace stuff you want will certainly be possible to do in some way via the scripting system I've been working on, which will be in 3.1.2.
LigH

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.2 Beta 1 (24/May/2017)

Post by LigH »

Scripting sounds flexible. I'm all game! ;)

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”