GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Postby ZZYZX » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Does GZDB write anything in errors list? (bottom right of the window, with exclamation icon)
ZZYZX
le chat du rabbin

Postby X-DOOM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:28 am

ZZYZX wrote:Does GZDB write anything in errors list? (bottom right of the window, with exclamation icon)

Yes it did and since i have fixed few errors, the models started to appear. But i now have a tons of error with textures not defined and sprites not founds.

I believe there is a mess with my decorate file that i may have to properly fix.

On another hand i have problem with the editor when i double cluck on an error in the log, it open the file in the script editor where the error is. That is cool but if i want to open the same file (a decorate file for exemple) in notepad, every text format is all screwed into a single line. I have to open the same file in wordpad to get the text format how its supposed to be.
X-DOOM
Imp monger

Postby ZZYZX » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 am

This is because Windows Notepad is very limited and doesn't understand non-Windows line endings (i.e. it requires lines to end with \r\n instead of just \n which is more or less the unofficial crossplatform standard).
I suggest using Notepad++, AkelPad or something like that.
ZZYZX
le chat du rabbin

Postby Darkcrafter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Would be absolutely awesome to have a built-in little 3d-editor which would generate md3 out of fake sectors outside of the map and place them into desired place to replicate 3d brushes. Add your md3 collision code to it and it's going to be sick.
Darkcrafter

Postby FishyClockwork » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 am

For some reason if you define some enum options for arg 0 they won't show up if you hover your mouse over a thing in Things Mode or look at it in Visual Mode. Thankfully it works if you select it and view the "Action / Tag / Misc" tab.
This is peculiar because this issue doesn't happen with the other args.

Here's a test wad with a map and a test actor (zscript) using enums, use GZDB-BF to open it and make sure to load gzdoom.pk3 as a resource so it loads the zscript class. Tested with R3039.
Again, hover your mouse over TestThing and notice how arg 0 just shows '0' while arg 1 and 2 show their enum names.
Attachments
GZDB-BF enums test.wad
Choose "GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF)"
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
FishyClockwork

Previous

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation