LZDoom 3.88b 02/26 released

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: LZDoom 3.87 10/12 released

Post by drfrag »

Nope, it worked in the legacy branch but both libraries folders are identical minus a few includes for other libraries.
Now it also hangs after rebuilding those projects, it was a VS failure.
cubebert
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cubebert »

drfrag wrote:This release fixes some bugs and mod compatibility problems plus has better vanilla gameplay due to the option to use the original Doom random number generator (also used in ZDoom 1.13).
I like the option of using the original number generator, but will it be ported over to GZDoom or is that only an LZDoom thing?
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

JohnDoe8 wrote:The program freezes when switching midi device from Fluidsynth to ADLMIDI, I'm using the 64-bit build without mods.
It's fixed, try today's devbuild. It was a bug in the library itself but GZDoom devbuilds are shipped with an old zmusic dll.
BTW zmusic is not built when adl and opn are compiled and linked but i think the solution is correct, i need to rebuild zmusic. The CMakeLists says:

Code: Select all

target_link_libraries( zmusic adl dumb gme oplsynth opn timidity timidityplus wildmidi "${CMAKE_DL_LIBS}" )
cubebert wrote:I like the option of using the original number generator, but will it be ported over to GZDoom or is that only an LZDoom thing?
It's LZDoom exclusive, check: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... nt=2203571
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I've just uploaded a devbuild to test stuff for tomorrow's upcoming release. Please check: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/lzdoom/lz ... 0a0e02.zip
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

3.87a is up. There are also a few more bugfixes from GZDoom.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: LZDoom 3.87a 10/18 released

Post by drfrag »

Due to the bug with the non normalized full volume monster sounds i'll have to do another hotfix release, while i'm at it i've fixed the bunny scroller so please try today's devbuild with the game_widescreen_gfx file included in the latest GZDoom release and report any problems you find (specially at 5:4 resolutions). Remember that the CVAR is autoloadwidescreen to test the normal gfx. But i won't include the widescreen gfx with this version of LZDoom. The sound sequences extension also needs testing (here or in GZDoom itself).
https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/lzdoom/
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: LZDoom 3.87b 11/08 released

Post by drfrag »

I've released 3.87b. Mainly to fix sound limiting not working for full volume monster sounds and to add better widescreen support and autoload Nash's wide graphics. Copy the game_widescreen_gfx.pk3 file from GZDoom or download them from Nash's repository and rename the file. You can also copy Scuba Steve's conpics from the LZDoom 4.5 beta when it's released. There are other GZDoom fixes too.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I've found another serious bug and it's about graphic glitches with partial invisibility on the modern render path, it's also present in GZDoom since 4.1.0. It's surprising that nobody has noticed it, it happens with some gl_fuzztype values other than 0. Besides there's that problem with weapons and bob jittering with some mods. So i'll have to do a 3.87c release and that sucks.
I've also included a fix for the overriden ini problem, so check today's devbuild specially to see if you get a could not load config error, the bug only appeared from time to time tough. Also you could check loading of big mods.

This is a bit embarrassing you know my financial situation is very bad and i want to take an online C++ programming course, that could help getting a job i think, there's a Black Friday special offer and i could purchase it for 15€ at Udemy these days. So if you want to help me (and LZDoom) you know i added a sponsors button to the repo and i could also accept help through paypal (i could pay the course with paypal too). Thanks.
Valken

Post by Valken »

I want to thank you for this as it has off focused joy pad xinput and dinput controller support, but can the GZdoom developers add this to the main GZDoom branch? There is no "joy_background" selection in GZDoom.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Valken wrote:I want to thank you for this as it has off focused joy pad xinput and dinput controller support, but can the GZdoom developers add this to the main GZDoom branch? There is no "joy_background" selection in GZDoom.
In order to get features in GZDoom, you must post in Feature Suggestions, not post it in several random threads.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

It's not only making them work in the background i also added support for four controllers at the same time, and later i even removed the cvar.
I already made a PR and it was rejected, so it's a LZDoom exclusive feature.
Valken

Post by Valken »

drfrag wrote:It's not only making them work in the background i also added support for four controllers at the same time, and later i even removed the cvar.
I already made a PR and it was rejected, so it's a LZDoom exclusive feature.
I'm going to request it again as most mods are pure GZDoom and with platform game mods, it is only natural to have it.

Thank you for having this insight. I would have loved modern GZDoom Vulkan support but OpenGL is good enough for two players so far. I will do a test with 4 clients to see what the limit would be on my PC.
Rachael wrote:In order to get features in GZDoom, you must post in Feature Suggestions, not post it in several random threads.
Got it Rachel. Done.
Valken

Post by Valken »

So I got 2 players on the same PC workinng. Actually, I can spawn 4 players.

My issue is that I am using an older USB 2 PS2 controller adapter with 2 wired PS2 controllers.

I have setup player 2 to use controller 1 and player 3 to use controller 2 by making copies of my doom folder onto my PC so all the configs are stored seperately.

LZdoom SEES the correct controllers when I set the WASD actions to USB2_1 for P2, and USB2_2 for P3, but it seems LZdoom takes ANY input from both controllers and uses it for both player 2 and 3.

For player 1, I set the config to disable controllers so they are OK with KB+M.

Any idea how to force one copy of LZDoom to use a specific controller but ignore the others so I can get more than 2 active players on 1 PC?

Edit - solved... Under CONTROLLER OPTIONS, click on the USB GAME DEVICE you want to DISABLE.

OVERALL SENSITIVITY to 0 (zero).

Do the same for the other players, only leaving the intended controller to have default or preferred sensitivity.

Probably should change or add a comment to SET to ZERO to disable or show DISABLED if it SENSITIVITY was set to ZERO.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Good to know it works, i added extra buttons for DInPut and XInput controllers and didn't mess with PS2 ones. For each controller i set axes to none in the other instances.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I've uploaded another devbuild since automatic builds are not working right now, i've copied the widescreen graphics and the conpics this time. To disable them set autoloadwidescreen and autoloadconpics to false.
https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/lzdoom/lz ... 9640b9.zip

Return to “Game Engines”