LZDoom 3.88b 02/26 released

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: LZDoom 3.83a 10/27 released

Post by Graf Zahl »

Your version needs to reflect the feature set you support - if you enable features that are marked 4.2 in GZDoom you need to support loading 4.2 and not support such features in 4.1. If you have unsupported features you want to warn about, add a deprecation notice - you can add a warning text that states that the given feature is not supported by LZDoom.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Okay, i'll change it.
Kamil
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kamil »

DrFrag thank you very much for the release of LZDoom. It works great for me.
Kamil

Post by Kamil »

Your November builds work even better than the release version, and finally HXRTCHUD for PB 3.0 works there
Kamil

Post by Kamil »

What's new in the test build of November 14?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Checking the commit history should give you the answer.
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

LZDoom's Direct3D mode seems to be the only way to play modern "gzdoom" without forced vsync for me. Every other combination that uses OpenGL still has vsync and noticable input lag, regardless of ingame vsync toggle or driver settings ( no tearing + input lag ). I've looked through every config and nvidia inspector and intel control panel setting, toggling every "vsync" and "swap interval" thing off, maybe it's an NVIDIA Optimus thing, but i haven't had problems disabling swap interval in various UT99 OpenGL renderers on the same PC. So i guess it's software direct3d mode for me now. The only thing i miss is the brightmaps support for glowing monster eyes, wall pieces and item parts, other than that it looks and plays very well.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Have you tried Vulkan? It uses different code to handle VSync than OpenGL. Or does your hardware not support it?
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

Graf Zahl wrote:Have you tried Vulkan? It uses different code to handle VSync than OpenGL. Or does your hardware not support it?
vulkan also has vsync. The GPU is GTX 860m. *edit nvm it's still enabled on intel gpu, i just mistook low framerate for tearing...

it does seem like vulkan has less input lag though, almost negligible
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

It seems like i'm experiencing an issue where pressing space while the pause menu is up causes LZDoom to take a bunch of screenshots.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Yes, it's a known problem. It's fixed for next release, for now either don't press space in menus or redefine the PrtSc key or use a devbuild.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Sorry for the bad news, you knew my financial situation was already very bad but now i've lost my internet connection definitely (not a surprise since i already lost it temporarily several times) so in order to continue development i need some help to get another one from a different provider and pay part of the electricity bill for heating becouse it's expensive and it's very cold here in the winter. I only need 60€ or may be even less until things get better and i can get a telejob (as i've written in Liberapay i'm still screwed after the accident), i've started a Liberapay account hooked to my new Paypal acccount (my father doesn't want me to use his account this time). The GoFundMe campaign is still open as well. If only a few guys could help it would be enough to continue development.
For now what i'm doing is writing posts offline (like i did in the old days, having internet at home has been a luxury for me) and then go to some place with a connection on battery to pull and push the code and i'll try to upload a release soon. So at least one more release is almost guaranteed. I still can read forum messages and navigate a little on my phone (only 500 MB data per month tough).
If i manage to get some help i will start looking for a cheap offer and keep you informed. Thanks in advance!
https://es.liberapay.com/drfrag/
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Some news, a nice guy has given 20€ through GoFundMe (thanks!) and i've found an offer for 40€ (Lowi). So now to continue development (and for modern ZDoom too) i only need a bit more. Is there something wrong with LiberaPay? I could also accept direct PayPal contributions (BTW it's fine to give 5€). I tried to start a Patreon but looks messy and they said i had chosen a Premium account but i didn't choose anything. I don't think i'm asking too much, well for me 40€ it's a lot of money and it's quite miserable to try to develop anything without an internet connection at home. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-to-pay- ... r-accident
https://es.liberapay.com/drfrag/
https://www.lowi.es/ofertas-fibra-mas-movil/
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: LZDoom 3.84 12/16 released

Post by drfrag »

Well, that LiberaPay Campaign has been a HUGE success, exactly 0€ collected.
Since it seems no one is interested and i haven't managed to get the 20 remaining € to pay an internet connection i've decided to quit LZDoom development. So paraphrasing Graf: There you have it! No more LZDoom! It's not worth the effort since my work is no longer appreciated and it's painful to maintain it without an internet connection at home.
I've released a new version now mainly to fix the space bar taking screenshots in menus and to "celebrate" the Doom birthday (at least registered Doom).
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: LZDoom 3.84 12/16 released

Post by drfrag »

Some news: i've received some support and i should be able to pay an internet connection for at least 4 months, i expect to be online again in January. I will try to get a telejob too. Thanks guys!
Now about LZDoom itself i've tried to port the sound refactor alone but that didn't work (crashes with OpenAL trying to get the sound channels) so now i must add ZMusic and the exit cleanup as well and that will require some time.

Return to “Game Engines”