LZDoom 3.88b 02/26 released

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: LZDoom [beta 4 11/29 released]

Post by Talon1024 »

Now when I try to run LZDoom with OpenGL rendering, I get this error:

Code: Select all

Compile Shader 'shaders/glsl/present.fp':
0(5) : error C7532: layout(binding) requires #version
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Oops, i don't know how shaders really work. :oops: I had to add that for the dithering, to test just remove those layouts for now.
The easiest solution would be to patch the shader and then that feature would only work on GL>4.2. I'm not using uniform blocks here, whatever they are, just the old shaders.
Edit: i need to set the binding in the C++ code with glUniform1i, how to do it is another story. :?
Edit2: i think then i must define the texture in the shader instead.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro

Post by TDRR »

Talon1024 wrote:Now when I try to run LZDoom with OpenGL rendering, I get this error:

Code: Select all

Compile Shader 'shaders/glsl/present.fp':
0(5) : error C7532: layout(binding) requires #version
At least a temporary fix is using -glversion 3 and while you get zero shaders or ambient occlussion it's at least playable.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Okay, i think it's fixed now. Don't know how but looks like i've done it again. :?
Please download the new devbuild.
Last night i barely could sleep and i were trying to fix this damn thing, today tinnitus is still very strong. :cry: >:(
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I've tried it myself with '-glversion 3.3' and dithering works, i haven't tried with 'gl_riskymodernpath' and 3.1.
I plan to do a release within the next few days unless there are more issues.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I've just fixed a very important bug both in the legacy build and LZDoom, multiplayer was broken since long before 3.8.0. Exactly since "- replaced the assignment operator in player_t with a named function." I missed "- removed unnecessary variable clear" somehow, it was a later commit (i was merging a ton of them those days) and that line actually broke it. I've discovered it while trying to play "splitscreen" using two game instances. BTW it doesn't work due to input not being registered by the instance in the background (the window without the focus).
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

drfrag wrote:I've just fixed a very important bug both in the legacy build and LZDoom, multiplayer was broken since long before 3.8.0. Exactly since "- replaced the assignment operator in player_t with a named function." I missed "- removed unnecessary variable clear" somehow, it was a later commit (i was merging a ton of them those days) and that line actually broke it. I've discovered it while trying to play "splitscreen" using two game instances. BTW it doesn't work due to input not being registered by the instance in the background (the window without the focus).
It does work, at least on last LZDoom beta (Not the devbuilds), if you were to use something like Joy2Key to map the gamepad's buttons to keyboard keys. I know, weird, but for some reason it does.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Now the gamepad works in the background. :mrgreen:
https://github.com/drfrag666/gzdoom/com ... d52b9a3c14
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

drfrag wrote:Now the gamepad works in the background. :mrgreen:
https://github.com/drfrag666/gzdoom/com ... d52b9a3c14
Finally, about time the man himself pulled it off! Thanks a lot for this one, it changes everything about splitscreen.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: LZDoom 3.82 'rogue' 07/19 released

Post by Rachael »

Congrats on the new release!
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Thanks! And thanks to all who made it possible: the real devs, Blzut3, Tormentor667 and specially those who made some donations to allow continuing development. :wub:
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Thanks for the great work for all the releases , drfrag :) Sorry for the noobish question once again , but what are the main differences between the GZDoom 3.8.2 Vintage and LZDoom 3.82 ; and how do they compare in terms of mod compability / performance on older hardware ?
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Thanks but i missed some things in the last vintage release, i will discontinue it very soon and the next one will be the last.
About compatibility it's slightly better here, LZDoom is a bit ahead the last vintage release. Should be very high, most stuff should run unless something falls thru the cracks.
For software performance on D3D is better for sure about the GL renderer it should be pretty much the same but the old renderer is more compatible. This also runs on even older hardware.
But they are not the same, LZDoom maintains a more classic look. The choice of the icon color is fully intentional: if you mix blue and red guess what you'll get? :)
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

So lzdoom works on GL 2 videocards and have zscript 3.82, right?
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

It supports 3.8.3 but has later stuff. It runs on GL 2 and even on DDraw but there's an old bug i fixed later and now you need to set fuzz style to shadow under OpenGL options (gl_fuzztype 0).

Return to “Game Engines”