Announcing GZDoom++, a fork of GZDoom for Unix users!

Game Engines go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Announcing GZDoom++, a fork of GZDoom for Unix users!

Postby libremafia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:46 am

I apologize greatly for posting in General, I'm a new user so I'm not allowed to post in Software and Ports.
GZDoom++'s main feature so far is the complete removal of telemetry (d_anonstats.cpp) from the code.
Currently, I only plan to support Unix, although the fork is so basic right now that it can probably run on Windows and Mac.
I also plan to use GZDoom++ as a ground for esoteric features that would never be accepted into GZDoom.
I have one problem, however; I've ran out of ideas. I have no idea what to do next, which is why I'm making this thread.
Does anyone have any ideas to add to this new-fangled source port I've created?

https://github.com/libremafia/gzdoomplusplus
libremafia

Re: Announcing GZDoom++, a fork of GZDoom for Unix users!

Postby wildweasel » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:22 am

libremafia wrote:I apologize greatly for posting in General, I'm a new user so I'm not allowed to post in Software and Ports.

I've moved the thread to where it belongs.

...On a different note, though, why post anything if all you've done is remove a feature that is 100% clear about what it does and can be easily opted out of?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Gez » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:24 am

So the main feature is the removal of inactive code, and you don't know what to do next? Okay.
Gez

Postby libremafia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:42 am

wildweasel wrote:
libremafia wrote:I apologize greatly for posting in General, I'm a new user so I'm not allowed to post in Software and Ports.

I've moved the thread to where it belongs.

...On a different note, though, why post anything if all you've done is remove a feature that is 100% clear about what it does and can be easily opted out of?
Gez wrote:So the main feature is the removal of inactive code, and you don't know what to do next? Okay.

I did this mainly to learn how to code in C++. I'm sorry if this project is stupid, I'd rather have the feature completely removed from the code itself.
libremafia

Return to Game Engines