ViveDoom: gzdoom in virtual reality [UPDATE version 0.5.5]

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ViveDoom: gzdoom in virtual reality [UPDATE version 0.5.

Post by hoover1979 »

I live in Australia. I went to my local retailer, and no place in South Australia has them in stock. They have to order it from HTC overseas, and it will take 2 weeks because Australia is.. well Australia.
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

Fat luck getting anything in Aus that isn't hi-vis clothing or iPhones with 300% tax :P
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

FYI, Oculus Quest was just announced. All in one headset with 2 controllers and inside out tracking. No pc, no wires, no phones. $399, spring 2019.

I would love to see Doom for it. Unfortunately gzDoom team don't have much interest as VR and they said they don't have the hardware. If anyone could set up a kind of "fund me" campaign, i would definitely participate.

On the other hand, yesterday was released Quake 1 for Daydream with decoupled aiming.
OnlyCaleb

Post by OnlyCaleb »

Now that the index controllers are out, will this be updated to support the index controllers. As it stands this is borderline unplayable with the index controllers.

How can I contact the guy behind this project to request him to update it?
Tuckymonster
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tuckymonster »

is this for gzdoom 4.1.3?
Tuckymonster
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tuckymonster »

can i replace the gzdoom stuff wiht latest gzdoom?
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

Tuckymonster wrote:can i replace the gzdoom stuff wiht latest gzdoom?
Don't think that'd work, but I feel your pain, I'd love to see a release that uses a more recent version of GZDoom, the incompatibility with a version as old as what's used here is painful, there's a lot of cool stuff I want to play in VR doom that isn't compatable.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I know this is a massive bump, but i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I see it on my screen (VR_mode 10), but instead of showing in my headset it shows on the screen only (in split view which responds to my headset so i know it works partially)
hari

Post by hari »

Hi, perhaps the latest version would work better for you: https://github.com/hh79/gz3doom/releases
Zeberpal

Post by Zeberpal »

Hello! I'm sorry for bumping this thread.
Unfortunatelly I don't have Vive or a PC cabled headset, but I've noticed GZDoom/GZDoomVR has several vr_mode settings.
So I thought I could just stream PC screen to a smartphone and use GearVR headset to play.
vr_mode 3 seems to be just what I was looking for, but it misses those quad black outside frames to adjust the eyes. I wonder how could I set these on? What is the name of the setting? Does it require an additional library?
I understand it's a fake VR, more like 3D without roll or pitch, but I'm just curious.
I wonder if somebody could help me with this one O-)

P.S. I've found this screenshot of my map from 2016 when GZ3Doom was around, with black frames. But I didn't have anything like a headset back then..

UPD. oh well struggling for some time, I managed to run it using 3rd party steamvr to android plugin and wifi dongle. It's 3dof (controller is 6dof though?), however without cables and heavy headset, with a decent signal efficency. I'm kinda glad I didn't have to buy a high-end headset/controllers to quench my thirst in VR Doom :3:

Return to “Game Engines”