The official "ZDoom on Wolfenstein 3D" thread. (aka ECWolf)

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lautum

Re: The official "ZDoom on Wolfenstein 3D" thread. (aka ECWo

Post by Lautum »

Blzut3 wrote:Now your issue is that your translator is just the flats. You can include the original translator by just doing:

Code: Select all

include "$base"
Thanks !
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

So I'm wondering if there isn't a way to manually fix the pathing. I do have a Wolf Editor, but I don't know if it covers patrol points or not...
Blzut3

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Blzut3 »

You can change the path route in any editor. It would be incredibly tedious to do, but it can be done.
Lautum

Post by Lautum »

I have a question about double doors - how does it work ? Does it autodetect from textures ? I made a a few doors (horizontal/vertical) with a texture used for double doors and the effect only applies to the vertical ones. The horizontal doors always open in W3D style.
Blzut3

Post by Blzut3 »

The last argument to the Door_Open special can be 0/1 for normal, or 2/3 for Blake Stone. Texture doesn't matter.
Lautum

Post by Lautum »

Got it, thanks.

I have an issue with switches - nothing works. I know, I screwed something up, but I am not sure exactly what :
I put a trigger in the switch tile and set the x,y coordinates to the door I want to open with the switch. For the 4th plane tile as an ID I used the coordinates of the door put in in the tile as well.
Blzut3

Post by Blzut3 »

You just have it backwards. You construct the door like a regular door and then use the 4th plane to move its activation point to the switch location by setting the coordinates of the switch on the door tile.
Paar

Post by Paar »

Is there any info about an editor which could utilize all of ECWolf features? I found a Git project called eced but the last update was two years ago.
Blzut3

Post by Blzut3 »

Nothing exists yet.
Paar

Post by Paar »

What condition is the engine in? I have tried to find some info on any new features but haven't find much. Is ACS VM implemented yet? Or are you working primarily on compatibility with other Wolf3D engine games?
Blzut3

Post by Blzut3 »

I've largely been working on game compatibility and improving the engine behind the scenes (for things like multiplayer). Editing features have largely been on hold since as it stands right now there hasn't been any editor that can really make features accessible and the longer I put them off the cleaner they can be implemented (a perhaps more importantly the less likely I'll have to break mods). So no, it still doesn't have practical level scripting (although you could probably get really creative with Trigger_Execute and DECORATE).

Other than that I'm not sure how to answer "What condition is the engine in?" Is that all you were looking for or are there other more specific questions I can answer?
Paar

Post by Paar »

I was mainly interested in the state of ACS scripting as I have an idea for a mod that would heavily rely on it. Of course broadening compatibility with other games is good news too.
sherberttcat

Post by sherberttcat »

What I am patiently waiting on is to see Wolfenstein 2.0(Snes/Mac/3DO/Jaguar faithfully, fully recreated in ECWolf. With the authentic weapon sprites rather then these odd looking recreations that the High-res mod uses.
I know there's a super mod for EDG3 that does this, but that's the Doom engine, it doesn't "feel" quite right.
cowsay

Post by cowsay »

The first time I ran ECWolf, I think it crashed my graphics driver when I tried to set the game to fullscreen from the in-game options. That was the very first change I made after a fresh installation was setting the game to fullscreen.

My monitor turned black and went to sleep like it had no signal, and I had to hard-reset the computer.

My GUESS is that it tried to set my display resolution to an unsupported full-screen resolution (whatever the default game window size is.. 640x480?)

I was able to set fullscreen from in-game options if I ran ecwolf with:

Code: Select all

ecwolf --fullscreen --res 2560 1440
When I did this, there were no issues switching on fullscreen mode in the game settings.

Radeon RX Vega 10, amdgpu driver. Arch linux x64, kernel 5.16
Blzut3

Post by Blzut3 »

Is your ECWolf build based on SDL 1.2? With SDL 2 ECWolf never changes the display mode since I absolutely despise debugging exclusive fullscreen so your case should be impossible.

Return to “Game Engines”