ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
Doom64hunter
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:39 am
Location: Land of questionable neutrality

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8 Release

Post by Doom64hunter »

NovaDragon wrote:The hells battery has a wierd glitch which sometimes after you knock out his hp, he slowly
walks in a last ditch effort. Othertimes he does not but this i think is from the ceiling height
in certain levels being a little lower so he collapses. Then if you shoot his body on the ground
it appears to stand up fall down and explode. Just looks weird but nothing ground breaking.
It had that bug since it was created. I remember me trying out the monster resource wad and encountering that too. At least it doesn't spawn millions of non-existant monsters that count towards the end of level tally
like it did back then...

And for the Final bug: The game doesn't count any 100% bonuses in map 30.
User avatar
BilboHicks
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

Doom64hunter wrote:
NovaDragon wrote:
And for the Final bug: The game doesn't count any 100% bonuses in map 30.
with the add-on pack? Im not going to sweat it , as long as all players cant get 100%.
For the morph problem, for the repeater-zombie, when you morph it, and wait until it morphs back, are there any problems?

@nova: I needed to play with the gl(?) display settings in order to get the spirit-imp to display for my ati card. The default settings dont render it properly. I will take a peek in the forums to see if there is a quick decorate solution. Same with the Hells Battery spawn.
User avatar
dljosef
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:59 pm
Location: Deep underground

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8 Release

Post by dljosef »

I'm thinking of writing a strategy guide on how to deal with every single add-on pack enemy when I get back from school.

Oh, I won't forget to comment on how tough those enemies are individually, and where they can be especially deadly.
User avatar
BilboHicks
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:I'm thinking of writing a strategy guide on how to deal with every single add-on pack enemy when I get back from school.

Oh, I won't forget to comment on how tough those enemies are individually, and where they can be especially deadly.
Ok, cool. When you are done, I can host it from my main site.
User avatar
BilboHicks
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

Woohoo! Fixed the final outstanding 'serious' bug. Morphs now work correctly with repeater zombies etc...

I was going to describe the problem & fix, but realised it would be too laborious. :P

EDIT: 2.8v2 is out. get from usual: http://www.scoredoom.com

2.8 hi scores carry over. Make sure you download the 2.8v2 add-on pack and make sure the default config is setup ok.
If you are having troubles, just wipe your current ini and restart gzscoredoom, it will generate everything for you to post hi scores.
User avatar
dljosef
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:59 pm
Location: Deep underground

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by dljosef »

I personally kind of wonder why the greater incubus wasn't used.

Edit: Heck, a few of the monsters like Galamoth, the clockwork cyber, and Ignis Locus weren't used.
User avatar
BilboHicks
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:I personally kind of wonder why the greater incubus wasn't used.

Edit: Heck, a few of the monsters like Galamoth, the clockwork cyber, and Ignis Locus weren't used.
Galamoth: Too much like Bormereth, and I preferred the Bormereth.
Clocwork Cyber & Ignis Locus: Just didnt like them enough.
Greater Incubus: Wanted the Incubus to be a Mancubus replacement.
Ignis Locus is actually in the add-on pack, so you can simply add it to the ini, but you can only use it offline obviously.
User avatar
dljosef
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:59 pm
Location: Deep underground

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by dljosef »

And I'm guessing that uberzombie wasn't added because of his plasma nova attack.

Anyways, I'm currently tearing through Scythe 1. (I'm past the two secret levels)

Edit: I'm up to the last level. I'll finish that when I get back from school. I'll start on Scythe 2 after that before tackling Alien Vendetta again.
atar
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Greece ,Athens

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by atar »

kudos for releasing this awesome mod! I have although a question: Does the mod replaces the monsters in each level differently & randomly each time we play the level or not? Because so far the later hapens.Is something i can do to fix it? Please excuse my english.

Reading the wiki i self answered my question:"When using the Add-On Pack in single player, the scoredoom custom monster algorithm will ensure that you will always see the same monsters on the same level with the same iwad/pwad files loaded for the same skill level. This is to ensure that hi scores are meaningful with the Add-On Pack"

Is any way to bypass this?
User avatar
BilboHicks
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

atar wrote:kudos for releasing this awesome mod! I have although a question: Does the mod replaces the monsters in each level differently & randomly each time we play the level or not? Because so far the later hapens.Is something i can do to fix it? Please excuse my english.

Reading the wiki i self answered my question:"When using the Add-On Pack in single player, the scoredoom custom monster algorithm will ensure that you will always see the same monsters on the same level with the same iwad/pwad files loaded for the same skill level. This is to ensure that hi scores are meaningful with the Add-On Pack"

Is any way to bypass this?
yes, just set sp_random_custom_monsters=true in the .ini file and it will behave like AEOD, completely random monsters per play.
Online Hi Scoring will be disabled with this on. Another option is to start a 1player multiplayer game.

and your english is fine
atar
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Greece ,Athens

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by atar »

Thnx a lot for the quick responce! Kudos again for this wonderful mod! Please keep update/perfecting it! :D
User avatar
NovaDragon
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Somewhere under the weather...not sure where yet.

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by NovaDragon »

I definatly noticed one thing that needs to be fixed and something else that may be a bug.

With the scientists that you kill for the extra points, you said there were ones that give 500 and 1000 points in addition to the 250 points.
I have never seen the 500 or 1k points one. I only ever get 250 points. Ive encountered them and they drop a pspish looking item, a computer map that's red, and like a pdf thing but they are all 250 points. Just wondering if thats an error or if they are that rare!

Either way these scientists can be resurrected so be re-killed and keep getting those points. You may wanna change that so one doesn't camp out and keep killing it.
User avatar
Doom64hunter
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:39 am
Location: Land of questionable neutrality

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by Doom64hunter »

I think it gives the right amount of points. I once watched the score while picking up a red computer. It gave me 1250 Points, but it only shows: Objective reached! + 250 Points
That resurrecting you noted never happened to me, but it may really be exploitable.

On another note, I remember that when a Chain boss manages to get frozen by a chiller demon or similiar enemies, it breaks the whole sequence.
But that was an older version, the chiller demon was nerved, and I don't know if it still can happen...

Edit: Wait, actually, as I am playing now, it gives and shows me the correct amount of points. So I don't have any problems in the latest version.
User avatar
BilboHicks
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

NovaDragon wrote:I definatly noticed one thing that needs to be fixed and something else that may be a bug.

With the scientists that you kill for the extra points, you said there were ones that give 500 and 1000 points in addition to the 250 points.
I have never seen the 500 or 1k points one. I only ever get 250 points. Ive encountered them and they drop a pspish looking item, a computer map that's red, and like a pdf thing but they are all 250 points. Just wondering if thats an error or if they are that rare!

Either way these scientists can be resurrected so be re-killed and keep getting those points. You may wanna change that so one doesn't camp out and keep killing it.
You need to update your version of scoredoom, since that was a bug in a previous patch. I have third patch out for 2.8.

And thanks for the resurrection info as well! I will update the add-on pack this weekend, which you will need to use online hi scoring.
@doom64hunter: bosses cannot be frozen anymore in scoredoom, so that shouldnt be a problem.
User avatar
BilboHicks
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

Add-on Pack updated. Also new patch release for the .exe to fix a couple of bugs.

Return to “Game Engines”