Widescreen titlepics display incorrectly on BFG IWADs

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Widescreen titlepics display incorrectly on BFG IWADs

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:27 am

Reporting this one for Adam on the ZDoom Discord, to investigate more closely later: it seems that the widescreen title and credits pics (at least the ones for Ultimate Doom, unsure about Doom 2) do not display at the right aspect ratio if the IWAD is one of the BFG Editions.

Screenshot links:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 141054.png

The titlepic gets crunched into 4:3 when it should be 16:9, and the credits pic mysteriously gets cropped to 4:3 and then stretched to 16:9.

I (or somebody) will need to confirm this at some point.

(edit) I've observed that Adam is also using high res packs and upscale settings, so these are also things to investigate with this bug.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Re: Widescreen titlepics display incorrectly on BFG IWADs

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:56 am

The most important thing to have here is the config with which it happens.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby wildweasel » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:43 am

Okay. I asked the reporter for his INI file via Discord - here it is. I haven't had the chance to examine it myself yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:21 am

No problems here with that config. So it's likely to be caused by the hires packs. The general advice with hires packs is to disable widescreen content because it might get in the way of how texture dimensions are determined.
Graf Zahl

Return to Bugs