GZdoom messy crash

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

GZdoom messy crash

Postby Lillian Clurringgold » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:10 pm

Attempting to run Gzdoom 4.8.0 on Linux with the Hideous Destructor mod (git version) causes a messy crash with the following error.

/usr/include/c++/12.1.0/bits/stl_algo.h:3623: constexpr const _Tp& std::clamp(const _Tp&, const _Tp&, const _Tp&) [with _Tp = int]: Assertion '!(__hi < __lo)' failed.

To reproduce: Install GZdoom 4.8.0 on Linux 5.18.3. Get the git version of Hideous Destructor from https://codeberg.org/mc776/hideousdestructor (download the repo as a .zip) and load it and a test map into GZdoom. Find a Vulkanette, pick it up, and walk/run. Gzdoom crashes immediately afterward, with the error posted above. I cannot reproduce the error on Windows and I suspect it to be a GZdoom error as there is no trace from anything going wrong inside HDest, and as previously said, it is OS-specific. Linked below is a screencap of the issue.

https://streamable.com/x3cl1l

If I can provide any other information that may be useful, please let me know.
Lillian Clurringgold

Re: GZdoom messy crash

Postby Graf Zahl » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:53 pm

That doesn't really help, I need a stack trace to find where the bad call is made. Can you run this inside a debugger?

What happens here is that in the 'clamp' call the minimum is larger than the maximum - MSVC's clamp function does not check for that, so it does not trigger an assert or something worse.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: GZdoom messy crash

Postby Ebenezer Chedgelag » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:02 am

Sure, do you have documentation somewhere on how to do that? If so, could you point me in the right direction?
Ebenezer Chedgelag

Return to Bugs