Download for ACC 1.58 (Windows) contains ACC 1.57

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Download for ACC 1.58 (Windows) contains ACC 1.57

Postby boris » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:51 am

As the title says, the download for the Windows version of ACC 1.58 (https://zdoom.org/files/utils/acc/acc158win.zip) actually contains ACC 1.57:

Code: Select allExpand view
This is version 1.57 (Oct 30 2020)

The version is #define'd in acc.c, so I assume that's not just a typo in the downloadable version.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Re: Download for ACC 1.58 (Windows) contains ACC 1.57

Postby Rachael » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:00 am

This is not a huge deal since most ACC releases are external code changes nowadays anyway. Even if the executable functionality is changed - that would still have been compiled in. This is mostly just a version marker issue. In the next version I'll probably import ZDoom's git tag system so that it does not have to be manually updated anymore.
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Download for ACC 1.58 (Windows) contains ACC 1.57

Postby Nash » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:28 am

Rachael wrote:most ACC releases are external code changes nowadays anyway.

I'd just like to point out that a recent change to the compiler added ternary operator (can't check which version atm, not on PC)
Nash
Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Return to Bugs