Intermissions spots bug with larger images

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Intermissions spots bug with larger images

Postby camaxide » Sun May 23, 2021 9:58 am

I created a mod between 2014 and 2017 which has custom intermissions where each chapter has a map showing where you have been and where you are going (Doom 1 style).
I use 16:9 1920x1080 images for the background, while the Doom1 style bullet-holes and 'you are here' arrows marks the map.
The x-y system uses 320x240 and everything worked fine with the versions of Gzdoom that was present between 2014 and 2017, but I tried my mod now on a new version of Gzdoom, and the intermission is now broken.
I don't know at what version this has happened, but the last version I used before was 3.7.2 and in this version it displays correctly.
I have tried the new versions 4.5.0 and 4.6.0 and both of these mess up the spots on the intermission screen. They are not scaled up to fit the HD image, but instead are shown as tiny spots up in the top left corner (as if it now only uses the first 320x240 part of the HD image for the intermission spot overlay).
Trying to add a x6 multiplier on the spot coordinates for x axis, and a 4.5x multiplier on the y axis does make the spots not appear at all, so it seems the code does not allow scaling to the new image size. (it wants spot coordinates in the 0-320 and 0-240 range)

This is the old version that looked correct:
old versions.jpg

This is the new version that now looks wrong:
new versions.jpg

I will send a slimmed down version of the project as a DM titled 'Intermissions Spots - Camaxide'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
camaxide

Return to Bugs