Status bar face problems

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Status bar face problems

Post by Zenon »

I tend to use skins when I play doom.
Some of the skins I have don't come with their own status bar face, so they just use the regular doomguy face instead.
Spoiler:
That's all well and good, because that's how it's supposed to work.

However, when I play gameplay mods that have modified status bars or alt huds, where the status bar face should be, there isn't one, unless the skin I'm using comes with it's own face
Spoiler:
Last edited by Zenon on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Status bar face problems

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yes, sure - why do you consider this a bug?
Of course it displays the default if no replacement is provided.
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

Graf Zahl wrote:Yes, sure - why do you consider this a bug?
Of course it displays the default if no replacement is provided.
Oh
Refresh the page, you replied while I was editing my post and coming to terms with the imgur tag

My problem is that it doesn't use the default if it's a modified hud or status bar
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Do you have an example mods showing this problem? It's a bit odd because the stock status bar is nothing special here - it' just a run-of-the-mill script class.
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

Graf Zahl wrote:Do you have an example mods showing this problem?
Sure, use any skin that doesn't come with it's own status bar face and see if the alt hud on Legendoom dispays the default doomguy face. The other mod I was using was Immoral Conduct ZDSP (requires the original immoral conduct wad ((ide-se.wad)) to be loaded alongside it).

If I were to guess, perhaps it's something to do with sbarinfo.
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

I'm very appreciative of the amount of time and effort you've been putting into fixing this for me, I hope it hasn't been too much trouble.

Any updates?
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

I see there's been a GZDoom update since I reported this bug, and it hasn't been fixed.

Did I report it incorrectly?
Is it not fixable?
Did you lose interest in fixing it?
Have you not been able to recreate the bug?

There's been a severe lack in communication in this thread and in the threads I've made in feature suggestions and I cannot for the life of me imagine why.
Have I done something wrong?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Zenon wrote:I see there's been a GZDoom update since I reported this bug, and it hasn't been fixed.

Did I report it incorrectly?
Is it not fixable?
Did you lose interest in fixing it?
Have you not been able to recreate the bug?

There's been a severe lack in communication in this thread and in the threads I've made in feature suggestions and I cannot for the life of me imagine why.
Have I done something wrong?
-Did I report it incorrectly?
no
-Is it not fixable?
don't know
-Did you lose interest in fixing it?
not really
-Have you not been able to recreate the bug?
haven't tried (not me personally)

Keep in mind that GZDoom is powered purely by volunteers. While it is our goal to reduce bugs as much as possible, there's several things that determine if it ever gets fixed - most notably, how it gets triaged is a big one - i.e. how does it affect gameplay, does it crash, is it a regression, other things like that. Don't take it personally if *your* bug happens to be the one not getting fixed. It's not personal at all. It's just that we often have a lot of other things we have to deal with and we have absolutely no manpower. Either way though, bumping the topic really doesn't help, it just annoys.

Like I said, it's a volunteer project. We have no "minimum activity requirement". We do not "pay by how many bugs get fixed" (or even at all, for that matter). There is no board that says "you must fix __ bugs before release!" We also do not get paid as I said, which means we have to do something *else* - other than GZDoom - where we do, in order to keep a roof over our heads. And even in our free time we don't do GZDoom 24/7 because that would be insane and would lead to burnout so quickly.

So like I said - don't take it personally.
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

Okay, thank you for your response, I appreciate it

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”