Fullscreen HUD's Key icons overlaps the Frag count in Doom

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Fullscreen HUD's Key icons overlaps the Frag count in Doom

Postby DoomTheRobot » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:23 am

I can't find any options or forum threads about this, so I assume this is a bug...
Tested on Windows 10, on the latest version, 4.5.0.

In Deathmatch games, the key/skull icons displays on top of the frag count on the Fullscreen HUD. They both are displayed on the top right corner of the screen.

To easily recreate this:
  1. Play any Doom IWAD/WAD (that doesn't modify the Fullscreen HUD)
  2. Start a Deathmatch game, easiest way is use console command "map map01 dm"
  3. Enable the Fullscreen HUD
  4. Look at the top right corner

The following screenshots below are just me and a bot, but it obviously applies to DM games with real players as well.
Here is a screenshot with me at 2 frags. You really can't see the number here.

Here is another screenshot with me at 21 frags. You can kind of see the number peeking out now.

And finally, here's a screenshot with me at 6 frags, but I enabled cheats and used the "take keys" command to show the frag count in it's full glory.

In games like Heretic and Hexen, it's neatly placed to the right of the player's health. In Strife it's (very terribly I might add) on the top left corner. What all the other games have in common however is that they no longer display the keys in Deathmatch games. I'm mentioning this because I think the best way to fix this is just simply remove the key icons similarly to how all the other games in GZDoom do so.

Thanks.
DoomTheRobot

Discord: DoomTheRobot#2086
Twitch ID: DoomTheRobot
Github ID: DoomTheRobot
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Return to Bugs