Intermission screen offset error with wide-images.

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Intermission screen offset error with wide-images.

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 pm

Getting this problem in GZDoom 4.5.0 that I didn't get in 4.4.0. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

I'm using wide screen 16:9 images for the intermission map (428 x 200). I have an animation that basically loops the 2 intermission map images using INT_1 lump.

Animation 0 0 8 { WIMAP1A WIMAP1B }

The background image is also WIMAP1A.

The animated parts seems to be offset to the right.

Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Re: Intermission screen offset error with wide-images.

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:21 am

The offsets must be relative to the 320x200 center part of the image, this was changed to handle the optional widescreen images with the same data as the stock 320x200 ones.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Intermission screen offset error with wide-images.

Postby Amuscaria » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:58 am

Graf Zahl wrote:The offsets must be relative to the 320x200 center part of the image, this was changed to handle the optional widescreen images with the same data as the stock 320x200 ones.

kk, will adjust.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Return to Bugs