[4.5.0] Endoom crash

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

[4.5.0] Endoom crash

Postby InsanityBringer » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:41 pm

I have no idea if this is related to this, but when closing the ENDOOM dialog after closing GZDoom g4.5.0, I reliably get a crash. However, in order to trigger it, you need to start a map first. Once a map is loaded, you can quit GZDoom, and trying to close the ENDOOM screen will cause the crash.

Crash report and .ini in case settings are important are attached.

edit: mysteriously this has stopped happening under my current settings. One of those bugs, fuun..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
InsanityBringer

Discord: InsanityBringer#9908

Re: [4.5.0] Endoom crash

Postby InsanityBringer » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:39 pm

I've experimented with this further, and it seems the crash only happens if you have only used the software renderer in a session. If you start with or switch to the hardware renderer at any point when the map is loaded, it won't crash.
InsanityBringer

Postby Player701 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:18 pm

I could not reproduce the crash on my laptop. Will try on my desktop PC tomorrow. However, I discovered another issue with ENDOOM during testing.
Player701

Discord: Player701#8214
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby drfrag » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:33 pm

I cannot reproduce it with the OpenGL backend.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby InsanityBringer » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:51 pm

Hmm, yeah, I guess it's a vulkan thing, since I basically always use vulkan. It doesn't happen on OpenGL here.
InsanityBringer

Return to Bugs