SetThingSpecial and ThingCountSector when barrel is spawned

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

SetThingSpecial and ThingCountSector when barrel is spawned

Postby SPZ1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 am

I found this bug between SetThingSpecial and ThingCountSector when spawning a Doom explosive barrel (or any similar ACTOR).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SPZ1 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPZ1

Re: SetThingSpecial and ThingCountSector

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:32 am

This topic is lacking a bug description. Please add one
I won't take a look unless I know what to look for.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: SetThingSpecial and ThingCountSector

Postby Ian Bidgeridge » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:30 pm

When you push the right barrel into the water and detonate it, script 02 does not activate. When you push both barrels into the water and detonate the left one, the script DOES activate. Pushing both barrels into the water and detonating the right one does not activate the script! Basically, the right barrel is unable to tell that it is in the water sector.

Check out the ACSMAP01 lump in the .WAD fie because all the source code is there.
Ian Bidgeridge

Return to Bugs