GZDoom eats and overrides config files

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

GZDoom eats and overrides config files

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:11 pm

In order to investigate this, I'm going to need to find where and when GZDoom begins and writes out a new INI file, if it fails to find and/or read an INI file.

This bug is completely sporadic, so I suspect something isn't initializing properly when it happens. Ever since the new fullscreen variable was introduced, somewhere around that time, I've encountered moments of starting up where it just completely disregards the INI previously made and wipes it out.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Re: GZDoom eats and overrides config files

Postby SanyaWaffles » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:08 pm

So that explains why that happened to me the other night. I thought I was going insane.
SanyaWaffles
Navy Did Nothing Wrong

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:57 pm

Yeah I did too. This is annoying. It happens so rarely though.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby _mental_ » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:41 am

Major Cooke wrote:In order to investigate this, I'm going to need to find where and when GZDoom begins and writes out a new INI file, if it fails to find and/or read an INI file.

You can start from here.
_mental_

Return to Bugs