[pre-g4.5?] Weird Fatal Error when closing ENDOOM window

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

[pre-g4.5?] Weird Fatal Error when closing ENDOOM window

Postby PlayerLin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:44 am

All recent builds(pre-4.5) on DRDTeam Dev. Builds site will happens, I'm not sure if it's my machine or something, cannot save crash report because it'll freeze/closed instantly when try to save crash report...official 4.4.2 is fine as no ENDOOM screen appears.
Using CCMD "quit" on console to quit the game also not happens(ENDOOM screen never show up).

I tried rename my INI and start GZDooM to recreate a new one then re-enable ENDOOM screen as by default it's disable, and GZDooM didn't crash at all so it seems my INI caused the crash for some reasons. Unfortunately I can't get full crash report as the engine just freeze(or sometimes just nothing happens and closed) when I click save report on GZDooM's Fatal Error window...I can copy all texts from 3 report files but not minidump as the report preview window do not has full of them.

How to make it happens:
0. Download and use my INI file.
1. Start GZDooM with any IWAD that has the lump for ENDOOM screen.
2. Do whatever anything.
3. Quit the game from the main menu.
4. When back to the Windows, ENDOOM screen show up, press any key to close that and engine just crashed with Fatal Error Window appears.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PlayerLin

Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [pre-g4.5?] Weird Fatal Error when closing ENDOOM window

Postby PlayerLin » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 am

I tried messed around and then I found it won't crashed if I choose OpenGL or SoftPoly renderer, only Vulkan renderer will crashed when ENDOOM screen appear and press any key to close it, the crash addresses also seems randomly...

Using gzdoom-x64-g4.5pre-77-g7179eaacd, I'm using Windows 7 64bits Home Premium SP1, video card was MSI's GTX 1060 6GB, not sure update the driver to nVidia's latest Game Ready driver(451.67, was using 441.87) would helps or not.
PlayerLin

Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Bugs