[Hexen] Some differences from vanilla

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

[Hexen] Some differences from vanilla

Postby lowskill. » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:22 am

This is mainly a cross-post of some interesting differences that someone brought up over at DW.

They're related to the Heresiarch and Firestorm in GZDoom versus vanilla. Supposedly the Heresiarch no longer takes splash damage from his purple projectiles, while the Cleric's Firestorm has been oddly nerfed, taking extra shots to kill even weak enemies such as Ettins.
lowskill.
GZDoom RO Translator & Raze Tester

Twitch ID: sixhundredsixteen
Github ID: sinisterseed
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Hexen] Some differences from vanilla

Postby ReaperAA » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:18 am

Ok, so I tested out Chocolate Hexen and compared the Firestorm's damage vs in GZDoom.

By typing NRA cheat and a bit of ettin killing on the first map confirmed that Firestorm is doing less damage to enemies in GZDoom. In Choco, I was mostly (as in +75% of instances) one-shotting ettins whereas in GZDoom, I would only rarely one-shot ettins.
ReaperAA

Github ID: AtifArshad1995
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Bugs