Regression bug: Thing_Destroy no longer overrides Invul flag

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Regression bug: Thing_Destroy no longer overrides Invul flag

Postby Bauul » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:55 pm

In 4.3.3 (and I tested as far back as 3.2.5) a Thing that was given Invulnerability through a Power-Up could be destroyed by Thing_Destroy even without the need for the Extreme flag.

In 4.4.4, this no longer is the case, and the Extreme flag is required. This will break any scripts that previously left the Extreme flag out.

In my specific case (simplified), monster TID 1 is given an Invul powerup by another Thing, with a line like this:
Code: Select allExpand view
A_RadiusGive("InvunEBoss",1024,RGF_MONSTERS,1)

With the custom InvunEBoss item being a simple:
ACTOR InvunEBoss : PowerInvulnerable
{
  Powerup.Duration 110
}

Then a few tics later, ACS script like this is run:
Script "Destroy monster" (void)
{
   Thing_Destroy(1);
}

In 4.3.3 and earlier, Monster TID 1 would die, while in 4.4.2 it remains alive.
Bauul

Re: Regression bug: Thing_Destroy no longer overrides Invul

Postby Blue Shadow » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:47 am

Could you post a demo that produces the issue, for testing? Because in a test I made, with both 4.3.3 and a development build (g4.5pre-61-g4de8851e0), I needed to set the extreme parameter to 1 for Thing_Destroy to kill the invulnerable monster.
Blue Shadow

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Regression bug: Thing_Destroy no longer overrides Invul

Postby Bauul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:34 am

Sure, I'll see if I can pull one together. I'll need to extract it from Elementalism, so it might take a little time to get the relevant parts out.
Bauul

Return to Bugs