4.4.2 Torch-Light Shader issue

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

4.4.2 Torch-Light Shader issue

Postby ZDL_800 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:55 am

Hello GZDoom devs and hope you are good.

For example, download the GZDoom 4.1.1 and load up Diablo3D, now look at the torches, specifically the light shader, its perfect, 0 Zfighting bugs, the light flickers perfect.

Now load up 4.4.2 with Diablo3D, the torches light look like strobe lights, also theres zfighting bugs on the walls with overlapping torch light sources.

The dev stated its a bug with the newer GZDoom.

It looks a complete mess.

Please look into this as I cannot figure this out?

Thanks again.
ZDL_800

Re: 4.4.2 Torch-Light Shader issue

Postby ZDL_800 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:18 am

I have tried many theories, reduced dynamic light radius, altering intensity, it makes no difference, unless the dev is wrong, and I have made some mistake here, I cant figure this out, and it worked perfect with like I said 4.1.1.

Can one of the GZDoom devs look into this please, theres zfighting bugs with the light shader.

Any reply would be great right now as its unplayable, looks like a strobe light.
ZDL_800

Postby Nash » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:37 am

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything

Forum rules

Help the developers help you.
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby ZDL_800 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:01 am

Hello and thankyou for the reply.

Looks like you need all the diablo pk3 files for the game to start, but upon starting a singleplayer game, the torches are in view.

Here is the Diablo3D Link.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ytzx42mp ... Y.zip/file

Here is the Diablo3D Patch.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e2s9xhop ... h.rar/file

I packed up GZDoom 4.1.1 and GZDoom 4.4.2 BETA, Here is the link.

https://uploadcenter.com/mr0bbpij41ao.html

Basically start a singleplayer game with any character, turn right 90 degree, and you can see the torches on the walls of the buildings.

Even as far back as 4.2.x the torches lightshader is the same I'm afraid.

On version 4.1.1 the light shader works correctly. You can see its more of a glowing effect with no zfighting bugs on the walls.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.
ZDL_800

Postby drfrag » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:47 am

WOW! 1.85 GB!!! No way i'm downloading that. :o
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby Nash » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 am

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo

No one has time nor interest to test big mods with big downloads and convoluted steps to reproduce a problem...
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby ZDL_800 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:18 am

Thanks for the replies.

I'm trying my best to delete as many pk3 files, Everytime I attempt to bypass the scripts, my edits break the game?

Really sorry about this, let me talk with the dev and see if any demo can be constructed as I fail many times.

I understand that you don't have the time, but it is one of the best GZDoom mods out there.

Thanks again for your time and hopefully get a demo ready ASAP.
ZDL_800

Return to Bugs