GiveDefaultInventory called when reloading a save on death

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

GiveDefaultInventory called when reloading a save on death

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:03 am

This... kind of breaks the assumption that giving a player its starting inventory only happens on a pistol start / new game or when respawning in deathmatch, and has caused some major grievances in a mod of mine which I had to "fix" with gross hacks involving gameplay-altering static event handlers (but it's fine, because it's only in single player).

The call only happens with the autoload after pressing use when the player is dead (playerstate gets set to PST_Enter), and not when loading a save in any other situation, which tells me this might be intentional, and if so, all I can ask is "why?".
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Discord: 霧雨魔理沙#1666
Twitch ID: magusmarisa
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Bugs