[texture_rework] INI being messed with

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

[texture_rework] INI being messed with

Postby Major Cooke » Mon May 04, 2020 2:22 pm

It seems GZDoom keeps resetting my INI whenever I start up the engine and automatically goes fullscreen resolution, and as such winds up overriding my settings whenever I exit the game. Was this because there was an option change? While it happened once, it still seemed to affect me switching back to a regular branch for some reason, but still keeping the same INI.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Re: [texture_rework] INI being messed with

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon May 04, 2020 2:33 pm

Yes, there was a change. The 'fullscreen' CVAR has been renamed to 'vid_fullscreen' because the old name was virtually impossible to find when scanning through the source. But that setting does not persist for me, I can normally change it and it gets picked up.

But if you switch back and forth between master and texture rework branches you may run into problems here when using the same config.
Last edited by Graf Zahl on Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Major Cooke » Mon May 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Odd... Well, at least it does save if the game successfully exits so I guess that can suffice.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon May 25, 2020 8:28 am

Is this still an issue?
Graf Zahl

Postby Major Cooke » Mon May 25, 2020 2:00 pm

I haven't been able to test it much more but I do recall it setting the video options like Gamma, Brightness, Saturation and more back to their defaults when the issues started. Other than that and the fullscreen variable, it's fine.

I'll try again soon and see if it still happens.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Return to Bugs