[texture_rework] Load issues with BFG IWAD if 1.9 IWAD there

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

[texture_rework] Load issues with BFG IWAD if 1.9 IWAD there

Postby mjr4077au » Fri May 01, 2020 5:55 am

Sorry for the gumby title, the length limits in the subject are really annoying.

As compiled with MSVC 19.5, if I place a v1.9 doom.wad IWAD into the directory, but load the BFG doom.wad IWAD that's found from Steam, it won't load properly and errors when going to E1M1. The BFG IWAD works fine without the v1.9 IWAD being there, and the v1.9 IWAD works at all times.

EDIT: This also occurs under the same circumstances for the doom2.wad IWADs.

1.PNG
3.jpg
mjr4077au

Discord: mjr4077au#1027
Github ID: mjr4077au
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [texture_rework] Load issues with BFG IWAD if 1.9 IWAD t

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon May 04, 2020 1:35 pm

How am I supposed to reproduce this? Using the BFG IWAD in my IWAD search path does not cause this type of glitch.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [texture_rework] Load issues with BFG IWAD if 1.9 IWAD t

Postby mjr4077au » Mon May 04, 2020 4:30 pm

My situation here was the BFG IWAD was being found from Steam, but I had a 1.9 IWAD in my game directory. Having the 1.9 IWAD in my game directory caused the above to occur when trying to play the BFG IWAD.

The 1.9 IWAD played fine, and the BFG IWAD did as well when I removed the 1.9 IWAD from the game directory. Just having the BFG IWAD there won't cause the bug, it loads fine without the 1.9 IWAD.
mjr4077au

Discord: mjr4077au#1027
Github ID: mjr4077au
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Bugs