Widescreen console stretched

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Re: Widescreen console stretched

Postby Scuba Steve » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:32 pm

I'll just let you do with them as you please, whatever license that might be. The only question is, how would individualized console backs work? Like widescreen where they are centered but more is exposed based on the width of the screen? Multiple different sized variants? Stretched?
Scuba Steve

Postby Gez » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:28 am

The simplest would be a simple tiling pattern so that we don't have to care about aspect ratio, and the logo displayed on the top.

With your bordered pictures, I think the best would be to have a system like the one in place for screen borders: separate elements for angles, tiling elements for the non-angle sides, tiling element for the interior, and the logo. Then the engine can construct the background automatically for any aspect ratio.
Gez

Postby Scuba Steve » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:44 am

I'll hold off on refining them until I know how they will be handled... but I figured I'd jump-start the conversation by making samples.
Scuba Steve

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:26 pm

These look quite good but are lacking proper widescreen support. Any CONBACK image should be adaptable to the important screen sizes without stretching.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Nash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:34 pm

Steve: I suggest darkening the entire images a little more, to aid readability of the actual console text on top of those.
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Scuba Steve » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:53 am

Definitely, but I didn't want to tinker with it until I knew more about implementation.
Scuba Steve

Previous

Return to Bugs