gb2a17dfdc mouse in menus doesn't work

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Nash

gb2a17dfdc mouse in menus doesn't work

Post by Nash »

You must start GZDoom in fullscreen mode to reproduce this bug. When "mouse in menus" is set to "Yes", and you CLICK to open the menu (do not press anything on the keyboard - at the main menu, click the left mouse button) - the mouse simply doesn't work - I can see the cursor and move it around, but it doesn't highlight anything, and the clicks don't register.

Additionally, try this - set your GZDoom user INI to "read only", start the game, then quit. The program will complain about not being to write to the INI, this is normal. But I cannot click on the "Retry" or "Cancel" buttons. Only keyboard controls work.

Seems like GZDoom isn't capturing the mouse when in UI mode.
Last edited by Nash on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: gb2a17dfdc mouse in menus doesn't work

Post by drfrag »

For me it works.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Update: bug only happens when you do the following:

1) Start gzdoom.exe
2) You are at the main menu. CLICK the mouse to open the menu. Don't press the keyboard.
3) Mouse doesn't work

The mouse works fine if you open the main menu by pressing a button on the keybord.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

For me it works (in both modes). And it's impossible to switch from touchscreen (default) to yes without touching the keyboard AFAIK.
Nash

Post by Nash »

And it's impossible to switch from touchscreen (default) to yes without touching the keyboard AFAIK.
That may be, but that's not what's being talked about here. I already have the mouse setting to Yes the whole time (I don't use touchscreen mode).

Also just to make sure it's clear (I'm pretty sure this is the correct forum) this is an issue with GZDoom, not LZDoom.

I've attached my INI here just in case
Attachments
gzdoom-nashb.ini.txt
(25.05 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I'm testing GZDoom, i merged a recent mouse related commit in LZDoom that could be responsible of the problem but both work well. I can't reproduce it.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

And i've just reproduced it. It happens when running fullscreen, i was using windowed mode.
Edit: and same happens in LZDoom. With touchscreen mode too. Disabling and enabling it or using the keyboard won't help it's dead once it fails. Only works if you open the menu using a key.
I suspect this commit: https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/com ... a666861f4e
Edit2: verified. Reverting that commit the problem goes away.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Update: when this bug is reproduced, it blocks all mouse clicks completely, even outside of GZDoom. I ran GZDoom in fullscreen mode, triggered the bug (click to open the menu), THEN change to windowed mode (have to use the keyboard from here on, mouse clicks don't work).

Now even if I try to click the start menu, or just about anything outside of the GZDoom window, clicks do not register.

And yes, as per drfrag's post, I forgot to add one important detail - to trigger this bug, the game must be started in fullscreen mode. Will edit the OP.

(I edited this post, please re-read)
Last edited by Nash on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Okay, reverted the commit.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Nash wrote:Update: when this bug is reproduced, it blocks all mouse clicks completely, even outside of GZDoom. I ran GZDoom in fullscreen mode, triggered the bug (click to open the menu), THEN change to windowed mode (have to use the keyboard from here on, mouse clicks don't work).

Now even if I try to click the start menu, or just about anything outside of the GZDoom window, clicks do not register.
I've had issues like this from time to time (not with GZDoom, though) and the fix I've found was to use alt-ctrl-del to go to the windows troubleshooting/logout screen, as it made the mouse resume working normally in my experience.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”