Transfer Floor Brightness Affects Sprites

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Transfer Floor Brightness Affects Sprites

Post by Fishytza »

In my attempt to have a scenery where walls, floors and ceilings are affected by a glow effect but not the actors standing within, I resorted to using the Transfer Brightness specials (floor, wall & ceiling variants).

For some reason if a sector is under the influence of Transfer Floor Brightness and its ceiling is not the sky flat any actors standing within will be affected by the control sector, but if the ceiling is a sky then the actors are not affected. (Which is what I want.)

The test map has 3 special sectors:
The left one has a sky and is under the influence of Transfer Floor Brightness. The medkit within isn't affected.
The middle one doesn't have a sky and is under the influence of Transfer Floor Brightness. The medkit within is affected.
The right one doesn't have a sky and is under the influence of Transfer Ceiling Brightness. The medkit within isn't affected.

Tested with GZDoom 4.3.3 and g4.4pre-87-g9daec9dc4
Attachments
transfer-brightness-test.wad
Load with DOOM2. Replaces MAP01.
(7.55 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Transfer Floor Brightness Affects Sprites

Post by Graf Zahl »

This is a deliberate implementation, not a bug. Don't ask me why Randi deviated from Boom here and copied a trait from the Build engine.
If this is addressed it'll probably need a compatibility setting.
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Transfer Floor Brightness Affects Sprites

Post by Fishytza »

I see. Thanks for letting me know.

I guess I'll just use the sky flat for all concerned sectors. At least Transfer Ceiling Brightness doesn't have the same quirk.

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”