maps directory in pk3 file

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

maps directory in pk3 file

Postby kfpopeye2 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:14 am

I have an odd bug with the maps directory in a pk3 file.

I used Slade to put 7 maps into this directory but when I run GZDoom it crashes when it goes to map02. If I try to jump to maps 2, 3, or 4 GZDoom says it cant load them. All the other maps work fine and I can load maps 2, 3 and 4 wads into gzdoom without the pk3 archive and they run fine.

Here is the crash report.
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... y5sbhMbNmV
kfpopeye2

Re: maps directory in pk3 file

Postby _mental_ » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:36 am

Crash reports are mostly useless without ability to reproduce the problem. In this case, we need .pk3 that causes crashes.
_mental_

Postby kfpopeye2 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:53 am

Thanks for the reply. I managed to figure out the problem. The maps I was having problems with had some odd lumps in them. A couple had a midi file and some had the P_Start and P_End markers in them but no patches defined. Not sure how they got there but when I removed them using Slade3 everything started working.
kfpopeye2

Postby _mental_ » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:40 am

OK but the next time this will happen it will crash again. That’s why I asked about .pk3 in question.
_mental_

Return to Bugs