Savegame breaks in Blade of Agony

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Re: Savegame breaks in Blade of Agony

Postby drfrag » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:26 am

Thanks as i understand those errors are random and rare until now that the problem has been exposed, may be merging them before the next release could make things even worse.
drfrag
I.R developer, I.R smart
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Github ID: drfrag666

Postby drfrag » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:04 am

Nash wrote:if your changes get merged, I can easily test (with my project) save/load and level-travel.

Actually why don't you test the PR now with an inhouse build?
drfrag
I.R developer, I.R smart
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Github ID: drfrag666

Postby Talon1024 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:53 am

I built my own build of GZDoom from the code in mental's fork, and I noticed something interesting.

I have a savegame on INTERMAP before C1M2, and if I load that save from the main menu, the game will fail to save once I enter C1M2 due to an out-of-bounds array value, which is apparently "blockingline" (I modified the code to print the name of the variable being serialized).

However, if I start a new game from chapter 1, skip to INTERMAP, and THEN load the aforementioned saved game, the out-of-bounds array value issue will not occur.
Talon1024

Github ID: Talon1024
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby _mental_ » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:46 am

Please post this saved game along with the actual BoA commit hash.
_mental_

Postby Talon1024 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:03 am

Here's the WolfenDoom commit, and the savegame, which requires Freedoom: Phase 2 to be used as the IWAD in order for it to show up on the savegame list. However, I can't seem to reproduce the non-breakage after starting a new game and loading that saved game.
Talon1024

Github ID: Talon1024
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Bugs