[4.3.3] Bizarre windowed behavior on low window size

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

[4.3.3] Bizarre windowed behavior on low window size

Postby Tartlman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:15 am

If you set the window size to something very low on 4:3 aspect ratio (for example, 400x300), some strange behavior happens. Black borders will appear around the screen, but only when you are paused or the console is up, and they will disappear when unpausing. I believe I'm using the softpoly backend, if that helps, but I don't think this is related to the issue.
Tartlman
shitposting with zscript
Global Moderator

Discord: bogus#2947
Github ID: boogiebogus

Re: [4.3.3] Bizarre windowed behavior on low window size

Postby Rachael » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 am

That is an unfortunate side effect of needing to set 640x400 minimum for the screen resolution when those screens are being displayed. That's all it's doing - it's rescaling the screen to 640x400 while the screens are active, and then scaling it back to your desired resolution when it's safe to do so.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Bugs