GZDOOM CRASH

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Nightsentinel

GZDOOM CRASH

Post by Nightsentinel »

Hi Everyone,

I just Installed GZDOOM v4.2.4 for Windows 64 bit And tried to load a Doom Wad through ZDL as usual but it instantly crashed showing "GZDOOM Very fatal error" on screen, and the following information on the report as well:

Code: C0000005 (Access Violation - tried to write address 0000000000000040)
Address: 000000018043D19F
Flags: 00000000

I have a Lenovo notebook with windows 8.1 , GPU with NVIDIA GEFORCE NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 755M 2GB, 8GB DDR3 and Intel HD Graphics 4600.

I never had any problems with GZ Doom and latest version I used was 3.1.0 which worked fine for me. I also tried installing GZDOOM 4.0 and I had the same problem.

I will appreciate your help for solving this issue!!
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(23 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: GZDOOM CRASH

Post by Graf Zahl »

The crash happens inside the Intel graphics driver. Are you sure everything is properly set up?
Nightsentinel

Post by Nightsentinel »

No, I am not sure everything is properly set up. Sometime ago my dedicated graphics card stopped working and since then I have been running GZdoom 3.1.0.0 with my integrated graphics card with no problem at all. But yesterday I decided to upgrade from GZDoom 3.1.0.0 to GZDoom v4.2.4 for Windows 64 bit and I got the crash.

Is it possible to run the current GZDoom v4.2.4 for Windows 64 bit with my Intel HD Graphics 4600 card?
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

while this isn't related to the crash, if you want to upgrade but can't run new versions well, you may want try using LZDoom.
Nightsentinel

Post by Nightsentinel »

Tartlman wrote:while this isn't related to the crash, if you want to upgrade but can't run new versions well, you may want try using LZDoom.
Thanks very much. While that could do the job of running the mod, It is not the solution I am looking for at this moment.

What I am trying to achieve at this moment is to run the Latest GZDoom Version the same way I am able to run GZ Doom 3.1.0.0

If any help could be provided it would be really appreciated.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

You can try to install this driver or maybe this one.

With integrated Intel graphics, it's a guessing game to find drivers that work flawlessly with a particular hardware and software combination.
OpenGL seems to have a quite low priority for them.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”