GZDOOM CRASH

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

GZDOOM CRASH

Postby slade666 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just Installed GZDOOM v4.2.4 for Windows 64 bit And tried to load a Doom Wad through ZDL as usual but it instantly crashed showing "GZDOOM Very fatal error" on screen, and the following information on the report as well:

Code: C0000005 (Access Violation - tried to write address 0000000000000040)
Address: 000000018043D19F
Flags: 00000000

I have a Lenovo notebook with windows 8.1 , GPU with NVIDIA GEFORCE NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 755M 2GB, 8GB DDR3 and Intel HD Graphics 4600.

I never had any problems with GZ Doom and latest version I used was 3.1.0 which worked fine for me. I also tried installing GZDOOM 4.0 and I had the same problem.

I will appreciate your help for solving this issue!!
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(23 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
slade666

Discord: Kim-Jong Trump

Re: GZDOOM CRASH

Postby Graf Zahl » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:47 pm

The crash happens inside the Intel graphics driver. Are you sure everything is properly set up?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer
Lead GZDoom Developer

Postby slade666 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 am

No, I am not sure everything is properly set up. Sometime ago my dedicated graphics card stopped working and since then I have been running GZdoom 3.1.0.0 with my integrated graphics card with no problem at all. But yesterday I decided to upgrade from GZDoom 3.1.0.0 to GZDoom v4.2.4 for Windows 64 bit and I got the crash.

Is it possible to run the current GZDoom v4.2.4 for Windows 64 bit with my Intel HD Graphics 4600 card?
slade666

Postby Tartlman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:53 am

while this isn't related to the crash, if you want to upgrade but can't run new versions well, you may want try using LZDoom.
Tartlman
shitposting with zscript

Discord: bogus#2947

Postby slade666 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:24 am

Tartlman wrote:while this isn't related to the crash, if you want to upgrade but can't run new versions well, you may want try using LZDoom.

Thanks very much. While that could do the job of running the mod, It is not the solution I am looking for at this moment.

What I am trying to achieve at this moment is to run the Latest GZDoom Version the same way I am able to run GZ Doom 3.1.0.0

If any help could be provided it would be really appreciated.
slade666

Postby _mental_ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:30 am

You can try to install this driver or maybe this one.

With integrated Intel graphics, it's a guessing game to find drivers that work flawlessly with a particular hardware and software combination.
OpenGL seems to have a quite low priority for them.
_mental_

Return to Bugs