4.2.1 Unexepcted JIT Menu error

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

4.2.1 Unexepcted JIT Menu error

Postby Enjay » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:59 am

I'm sorry that this may be too vague to be useful, however, I thought I'd record it JIC (just in case).

I was playing a game with a map loaded but, as far as I know, nothing in it has any ZScript (or even DECORATE) modifications.

I pressed Esc and the menu did come up, but there was also an error printed to the screen/console. I thought that I had a logfile running, so I didn't pay too much attntion to the exact working but, it turns out that I forgot to set up a log file.

The error was something like:

Unexpected JIT error cannot make native menu call.

It was something like that anyway. Certainly "unexpected JIT" was in there, as was "menu" and "native".

Like I said, sorry if it's too vague.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Re: 4.2.1 Unexepcted JIT Menu error

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:39 am

I think I've seen that happen a couple times, but it's almost impossible to reproduce intentionally.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Magician

Discord: Marisa Kirisame#4689
Twitch ID: magusmarisa
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Nash » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Yeah I've had this randomly happen to me this year, probably less than 10 times. Absolutely zero clue what causes it or how to even reproduce it.
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby dpJudas » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:53 pm

I'm afraid we need the exact error message. Unexpected JIT error means that something threw an exception while it was compiling a script function to native code. The rest of the error is the most important part of the message. Filtering by "menu" or "native" lists way too many source lines.
dpJudas

Postby Enjay » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:22 pm

It hasn't happened since. From what others have said it looks like it is a recurring thing, but a rare one. But I really can't remember more than what I posted. If it happens again, I'll be sure to make a proper record of the message.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Return to Bugs