SetOrigin() doesn't handle interpolation between portals

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

SetOrigin() doesn't handle interpolation between portals

Post by Fishytza »

I'm not even sure if this is intentional or not so apologies in advance.

Tested with 4.1.2 64bit and g4.2pre-114-g6ba8faa7f 64bit.
Here's a test map with a simple class (zscript) that moves from point to point using SetOrigin(). Load with Doom2 and start a new game. Notice as it crosses the line portal (grass floor) how glitched it appears for a split second. It'll cross back and forth over and over so you can clearly see the effect.
setorigin-portal-test.pk3
Contains MAP01 and a ZScript file
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
I am aware of the other thread that seems to describe a similar problem but I decided to make my own because I think SetOrigin() is to blame while the OP of that thread seems to think it's level.Vec3Offset(). My example uses Vec3Angle().

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”