[Strife][3.7.2] DegninOre unaffected by conveyor belts

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[Strife][3.7.2] DegninOre unaffected by conveyor belts

Post by StroggVorbis »

In the original Strife, the Degnin ore found in MAP14: Mines was in limited supply, meaning you could theoretically softlock the game by blowing them up for nought. The Veteran Edition prevents this by adding an OreSpawner in a nearby conveyor belt. But, as mentioned above, the ore isn't carried by it, meaning you have to crouch into the shaft and get it yourself. People who play the game "vanilla", e.g. with crouching disabled, will find themselves not able to go in there, let alone know of its presence as it's pitch black in there.

That said, in the next map, MAP20: Factory: Receiving, I found a med patch on a conveyor belt that wasn't moving either. This begs the question, shouldn't all Strife pickups be affected by sector push/pull effects?

Could be wrong tho, but I guess all that's needed is the +WINDTHRUST flag in the actor definition.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [Strife][3.7.2] DegninOre unaffected by conveyor belts

Post by Graf Zahl »

The conveyor belts don't seem to work right. In the conversion chapel level they also do not move the peasants-to-be-converted. But this may be due to something blocking their movement. The setup here is not stable.
But aside from that, the main problem is that Strife's conveyors require some code pointer call to work. So they only will carry actors that call this code pointer. The Degnin Ore doesn't call this so it won't move. I'll have to check SVE's implementation here.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”