Urgent APlayerPawn issues [Appveyor r3935 to r3936 versions]

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Lord Misfit
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Urgent APlayerPawn issues [Appveyor r3935 to r3936 versi

Post by Lord Misfit »

Okay, back and more awake now: so should I be trying to use things like Inventory Items as placeholders for vars in this case to get around this, or do I need to move the vars to the playerpawn and use them via invoker in the weapons' functions or something?

While I'm glad something seems to have been determined in what's going on here, I still need to figure out how to not have this happen in the meantime. >.>

Also it does make me wonder, why did this suddenly start messing with the player properties after Appveyor r3935 and not before it [or was it and I just somehow didn't notice]?
Last edited by Lord Misfit on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

It always works this way.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Lord Misfit wrote:Okay, back and more awake now: so should I be trying to use things like Inventory Items as placeholders for vars in this case to get around this, or do I need to move the vars to the playerpawn and use them via invoker in the weapons' functions or something
Once you've converted it to ZS, if a variable is properly something that's handled in the weapon, make it a variable in the weapon and use "invoker.<variablename>".

Until then, I'd use inventory items because custom playerpawn variables would require that the owner ("self" in the weapon state) be cast as that custom playerpawn class and that can't be done in DECORATE unless I've missed some new developments there.
Lord Misfit
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Lord Misfit »

Yeah I just did the latter [inventory items] since I have no idea when I'll really get into the drive to do a mass DECORATE-to-ZScript conversion process, or how long it'll take once I do. I haven't been mindlessly working on Aetherius in the last couple of months due to varying reasons [including a heatsink-replacement issue at the start of January], so yeah. :P

Still thanks for helping me to diagnose this problem so I can avoid doing it again. :V

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”