Palette Tonemap settings aren't updating

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Palette Tonemap settings aren't updating

Post by Guest »

The two cvars 'gl_paltonemap_powtable' and 'gl_paltonemap_reverselookup' aren't updating the palette lut even though I believe they are doing the calculations for it. I'm testing some new cvars which are actively taking longer to compute and it indicates to me that the fault may be happening somewhere after the UpdateTextures function from hw_postprocess.cpp.
EmperorGrieferus

Re: Palette Tonemap settings aren't updating

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Archie Binningbut wrote:The two cvars 'gl_paltonemap_powtable' and 'gl_paltonemap_reverselookup' aren't updating the palette lut even though I believe they are doing the calculations for it. I'm testing some new cvars which are actively taking longer to compute and it indicates to me that the fault may be happening somewhere after the UpdateTextures function from hw_postprocess.cpp.
Excuse me, but which palette exponent should be better for emulating software renderer in OpenGL mode?
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

EmperorGrieferus wrote: Excuse me, but which palette exponent should be better for emulating software renderer in OpenGL mode?
It's been my assumption that 2.2 is the intended value and 2.0 is the chosen default because it's faster. But seeing as it's only computed once and/or when a setting has changed I'm not sure why it would matter how fast it is. Does anyone one else know what it should be?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Those values really are not intended to be played with. This is one of those things that I was told I had to put into the menu, even though they are really debugging CVARs that are meant to test the system and tweak it in order to produce better values.
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

That's good to know, thanks :)

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”