gf10ded756 dynamic light disappears when you load a save

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

gf10ded756 dynamic light disappears when you load a save

Postby Nash » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:28 am

Same mod as before. Turn on the flashlight, save the game, then load the game. The spotlight would disappear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbwsji4l6e85m ... 0.pk7?dl=1
Nash
Nash Muhandes

Re: gf10ded756 dynamic light disappears when you load a save

Postby Player701 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:18 pm

When a save game is loaded, dynamic light actors have lights reattached to them, but these lights are not reactivated. That's why the light disappears.

An obvious solution would be to check if the dynamic light actor has the DORMANT flag unset and activate the light in this case. However, this flag can be changed on the script side at any time, so it's not foolproof.

Edit: It seems that RecreateAllAttachedLights is called not only when the game is loaded, but also when it is saved. I'm not sure if I understand the need for this, so I won't provide a PR here. The cause of the problem is more or less evident, anyway.
Player701
You are now breathing manually.

Discord: Player701#8214

Return to Bugs