[LINUX] Mouse Cursor mishandled with Raspbian

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Csonicgo

[LINUX] Mouse Cursor mishandled with Raspbian

Post by Csonicgo »

As some of you may know, I use a Raspberry Pi exclusively for my "dooming". However, Raspbian out of the box with the (OpenGL driver enabled) has a mouse problem with GZDoom. More specifically, when the mouse cursor is "all the way to the left", or, on the very left edge of the window, mouse button inputs are ignored. Mouse movement isn't, so a quick, brisk mouse movement to the right is all that is needed to free up the pointer.

This is when I realized just how many maps have anti-clockwise pathways. I find myself suddenly unable to fire at all, just around a corner to meet an ambush or something. when I press escape for the menu, I see the mouse cursor is hugging the left side of the screen.

This happens fullscreen and windowed, and no other application on this computer seems to have this problem.

The super frustrating part of this is that I don't know where exactly the bug is here, or what to do to fix it, and all google searches about any problem like this never turn up anything. I also don't think this is a "Vintage build" bug, as mouse handling is not specific to the vintage build, that would be all builds.

And yes, I've checked Raspberry Pi forums, I actually crashed the forum software trying to do an advanced search. Whoops.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [LINUX] Mouse Cursor mishandled with Raspbian

Post by Rachael »

Do you have any other Linux computers you can check this with?

I haven't had this issue, myself, running on my Raspberry Pi.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I suspect it's worth mentioning which window manager is being used, and if any custom themes are in use.
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

wildweasel wrote:I suspect it's worth mentioning which window manager is being used, and if any custom themes are in use.
The default Raspbian desktop settings, and since Raspbian uses LXDE, that means Openbox.

Which is rather old. I reset my desktop settings again just in case and will report back with an edit.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Raspbian uses PIXEL by default, which is a fork of LXDE. I'd test with both bare LXDE and with Openbox.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”