[<=3.5.1?] Savegame ignores coop state

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
Edward-san

[<=3.5.1?] Savegame ignores coop state

Post by Edward-san »

Run a new game normally (singleplayer), save it.

If you open the console and run 'map map01 coop' or run gzdoom again in multiplayer mode ('-host 1 -warp 01') and then load the savegame, the game doesn't switch off the multiplayer mode, against what the game was supposed to be when saved. The same is said for viceversa.

I can't check older versions, but I think this bug shouldn't be too old.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: [<=3.5.1?] Savegame ignores coop state

Post by drfrag »

This thing was there even before the coop option was added to the map command. I've just confirmed it with 2.2.0.
And with ZDoom LE so it was in ZDoom 2.8.1 as well, probably it's been like that since ever.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

This is a simple case of the "multiplayer" variable not being serialized with the save game data - nothing more. It should be a simple fix, if I can figure out how it stores this data. I was well aware of this issue for a long time, I just never had the motivation to dive into the save game code and fix it.

It needs to be serialized for demos, too.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Partially addressed:
https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/com ... efe02ca9b2

This needs to be addressed for demos, too, so I am not going to close this just yet. However, Zandronum can safely pull this fix if they're using the new JSON savegame format already.

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”