OnRegister triggered twice when returning to map in hub

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

OnRegister triggered twice when returning to map in hub

Post by gwHero »

OnReg.pk3
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Hi,

I noticed that OnRegister (ZScript) is called twice for an event class when the player returns to a map in a hub.
I have included a small demo pk3 with 2 maps; just walk to the exit signs and check the console; you will see that OnRegister is called once when a map is entered for the the first time, but on return it's always called twice.

Some remarks:
- I discovered this with the latest version 3.5.1, but it seems to exist for quite some time (tested back as far as 3.2.4 and it also already happened there);
- it doesn't make any difference if the events are defined with AddEventHandlers on game level or with EventHandlers on map level (see MAPINFO)

Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: OnRegister triggered twice when returning to map in hub

Post by Graf Zahl »

This is a bit of a problem, because there's actually two players entering a map during a hub transition. One is a temporary placeholder, coming from the savegame, the other one the real player coming from the previous map and this gets called for both.

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”