Toggle crouch does not go back to standing position

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Toggle crouch does not go back to standing position

Postby PixelWAD » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:53 pm

I just noticed that if you crouch and go into a small vent or something using toggle crouch button, then you try to stand up by pressing it again - nothing happens as expected, if you go out of vent the player will automatically stand up.
however, if when you are vent you press toggle crouch to get up, and then press it again, and go out of the vent, toggle crouch does not make you go to standing position, you have to use jump button to toggle the state.
PixelWAD

Re: Toggle crouch does not go back to standing position

Postby _mental_ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:18 am

I cannot reproduce this. Do you have some modes loaded? In any case, post map and location in it where you noticed the issue.
_mental_

Postby PixelWAD » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:08 am

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zZkzr ... 8zMn_1OUvC

Here is a short test map, but I don't think this is map specific, but rather has something to do with the collision

Short video - https://streamable.com/nbcms
PixelWAD

Postby _mental_ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:50 am

I see, it depends heavily on available space to stand up. For default Doom player with height of 56 units and with crouch factor equals to 0.5 the mentioned issue happens in a sector with effective height from 29 to 32 inclusive.
_mental_

Return to Bugs